Thursday, May 20, 2021

My Equipment Dump


 


I know you all are getting very tired rapping on about the trials and tribulations that I'm going through getting my new power chair system but that's what I'm going through right now and everyone says to write what you know and I know this. So, I now have my primary chair parked into the back of chair slot in my bedroom I have the brand-new hydraulic body left perched in my living area the front room I have another left out on the porch plus by regular left I have talked away in the bathroom. I'm currently waiting for my new chair to get finished so I can start utilizing it is my primary chair. I'm trusting the new chair will come with a new cushion for my ailing tush. I have been doing pretty good the last couple of months but being thrust into this chair I am using now – – the only functioning power chair I have left – – I'm feeling the physical pain of a chair adequate for my needs. This chair is huge cause me to really list over to one side this puts a lot of extra weight a week portion of my butt. I just hope this time in this chair does not eat up my butt too badly. In fact this chair until this morning did not have a working restraint system (safety belt).


I was worried the other day when my batteries seem to discharge quite rapidly and I figured I was going to be homebound but yesterday I watched the battery levels closely as I went about my day's events and saw that the battery was holding up quite well so I took a chance and drove less power chair onto the 217 northbound all the way up to Utah Center for Assistive Technology shop to ask about getting the motor for my chair. I was also interested in picking up a safety belt for my sitting system. I shredded the last safety built in this chair about a year ago never got it replaced. I was able to get to the shop without incident and had a great discussion with one of their relatively new employees than Caroline. She actually help me a lot with figuring out what I might be able to do with my chair. They have a program for they do a re-refurbishing of your chair for 250 bucks which will cover everything motors, tires and even cleaning systems of the chair. Totally excited so what I'm going to do is have IHC wheelchair shop and pick up the chair tomorrow as planned and then have them isolate the problem of the malfunctioning motor after which I will have them drop the chair of at the apartment then have the folks over at UCAT pick up the chair and have them refurbish. IHC wheelchair shop suggested that might cost up to $1000 to replace that motor. So I should do the UCAT solution all the way around. What's weird is that I knew this deep down I don't know why didn't call forward just have them do it from the beginning oh well now I just need to figure out how to get rid of my equipment junkyard filling my apartment…

No comments: