Saturday, May 29, 2021

Saturday Night Musings


It's not as warm today as I would like, however I'd dressed in short sleeves anyway and work to make the best of an early summer day. I cooked this morning making bacon and eggs which is a great way to start a holiday weekend – – yes it's a holiday weekend Memorial Day weekend and I want to make sure I have ample supply of potato chips and whatever else I might need to get through a holiday. It looks like this weekend I'll probably be spending it trying to pick up the apartment a little bit. I don't know what's gotten into me but I certainly have not been keeping up with the entropy happening behind my closed doors. Perhaps it's the technology invasion. They could be the never ending pieces of mail it keeps showing up.. I really need to have my monthly statements all put online. MyXfinity account comes every month. I also get all statements medically speaking as paper mail. I don't know how I could stop that will maybe I should look into it. I guess what I'm saying it a roundabout way is that I need to be doing a much better job filing. I've got a small filing cabinet, a two drawer cabinet which is pretty well stuffed. Dianne gave me a bunch of plastic boxes/bins that I've not really done anything with but I noticed the other day (when I couldn't find my rubber bands anywhere) that Melanie, my home health person, had used one of the filing boxes to put the rubber bands in. I was searching for rubber bands to update my sticks. Many of the pieces of plastic I used to wrap around the ends for friction have come undone and I need to redo a number of the sticks especially the ones I dress with. Anyway, I don't know how great an idea I have but I'm going to stick a lot of this paper mail particularly statements in these boxes or they can be stacked.


This kind of brings to mind something up the mowing around last couple of weeks is why do I need to keep hold of statements three or four years old that really have no bearing on anything in my life. Anything that I needed proof of like a bank statement I'm sure Mountain America has copies of all materials I would need to prove to somebody that either paid or not paid for something. I hold onto a lot of this stuff specially old payments in hopes that someday if I write my life story I can grab those to use as touch points of certain incidents of my life. But in reality I don't think I'm ever going to do anything like that. I just hate to get rid of this kind of stuff but the sad news is that someone's going to have to get rid of it when I'm no longer here. It's a shame to settle this historic junk with Mark Anthony or Michelle. It's kind of sad, the kids have to clean up the mess of the seniors. I should just get rid of all my poetry and other writing. Even my journals really who's going to want them? I think they're important but I'm probably the only one who does. So I continue to write my journal/blog just because I believeperhaps that's enough

No comments: