Thursday, May 27, 2021

Shattered Glass

 



I'm just going to have to do something I'm not sure what but I've got a get some bearings on this apartment of mine before I get totally pushed out by technology and the ruins of technology. There's currently two wheelchairs (power) three patient lifts scattered in the basic two rooms of this apartment. Thank goodness there large rooms but still I'm beginning to bump in the stuff and having to move stuff around every time I want to get into my art desk or art closet. Before, this thing with the patient lifts life in the apartment with my technology with huge footprints was doable but now I'm beginning to question what has to be done. This was brought home to me if you hours ago when I was moving around the kitchen working on lunch or something and I backed into the table which backed into the rack that I use as a “rolling closet”. On the top of the rack was this cute little saltshaker made out of a what looks like a Bell jar with a handle on it. I've had the shaker for years and really plan to use it at some point. I noticed a week or so ago that it was on the top of my rack that hot then what a precarious place to have that shaker going to have to either very gently use one of my sticks to pull it down and secured somewhere else are asked Melanie or some other person who walks around to reach up and grab it for the same purpose. I did not do that and of course got the lesson putting things off (I couldn't find the word) and today it crashed into 1 million pieces. I suppose, I could've mourned for the small vessel, but life's too short now just a matter of getting the ambition up to grab one of the brooms sweep the mess into a pile them into the garbage and so ends the life of the little Bell jar who couldn't.


In the same vein of procrastination (I found the word) this morning the first thing I did once I was awake enough to the point to handle my cell phone was to check to see if the movie I want to go to this evening was still available. Yesterday, I had searched the local Regal Cinema check their offerings. I saw an interesting thing by Billy Crystal. I had not heard much if anything about this film and was surprised. I was even more surprised to see the film offered at 5:30 PM and that was the only showing. I thought strange oh well. I decided them that even though it was kind of late in the day I might take it in just to get back into the theatergoing mode that's been on hold for the last year. In fact when I saw my neighbor I inadvertently asked if she wanted to go with me – – down a date mind you just to friends going to the same movie – – but she said she could not. I figure the movie would be on for some time so I told her we would check it out for tomorrow (today) and so I figured it would be on at the same time but I was wrong and still 5:30 PM today at showing at 8 PM and I don't know even for me if I want to stay up that late. I was even more shocked to find out that the 8 PM showing is the last showing of the film at this theater. How I totally lost this opportunity for a Billy Crystal? So I'm left with their struggle of head out to the theater around 7 o'clock for the 8 PM movie and then come home at something like 930 or 10 PM. It's a beautiful day, temperature actually up in the 80s and still should be in the 70s at the movies conclusion. I just don't know. The way I'm feeling now I think it's a no-show and perhaps that's best. Take the morning of the shattered shaker sometimes it's best to know when to lay in and lay low…

No comments: