Thursday, May 06, 2021

Not Today



I'm a little agitated, that doesn't mean mad just that I'm a little uncomfortable as I sit here waiting for the durable medical guy to come and pick up my power chair for the once over tomorrow and hopefully back by tomorrow evening. Usually I wouldn't really mind however, as you the dedicated reader knows, I've got a funeral to be part of on Saturday. No, I'm not going to be part of but I want to attend it's important to me to attend and if I'm going to attend want to be in a chair that I can depend on..


I wouldn't be half as agitated I don't think if I didn't have to surrender my chair and I don't mean I'm worried about it being gone I'm worried about having to transfer from this chair I'm in (the one that's going to be checked out) to the backup chair. If I was strong in my arms that would not be a problem or this would not be a problem. However I am not in transferring my mass is somewhat problematic. To make matters worse I thought has been somewhat proactive yesterday when I spoke with the handyman/corporate maintenance guy if he would be here today and he said yes to be here all afternoon of course no. Ted is nowhere to be seen. I can't say that that surprises me but just the same address frustrate me if nothing else that could eyeball my transfer and even assist should I need it. Will it does not look like that's going to happen. If it wasn't so late in the afternoon, I would ask a call and cancel the whole event because ever since Mark Anthony did what he did to this chair is the market like a champ. However I also know in the world of cruel jokes this world loves to play at the second I do that the good old “in mobile” message and begin flashing on my controller screen. No, I just have to accept the fact that I need to be proactive, send the chair in have the chair examined and get it back by tomorrow night so that I can show up at the funeral and be equated as part of the family.


It's a beautiful day, edging close to 90°, perfect for getting out and driving around in my chair. But I'm here waiting for durable medical folks. I think this is an excuse. I was outside reading little while ago which is what I'd really like to be doing is enjoying this weather, reading a book outside in my chair. That's not too much to ask. However I have to be ready for tomorrow at least when my sister and I are supposed to have lunch and the day after for the funeral. I'm really trying to exercise restraint and not blow this whole thing out of proportion. It's just a qualified family function. To that end I did get a haircut today so that means I'm somewhat committed to the whole project of trying to look better than I usually am. I believe my chair pick up was between 4 PM and 7 PM. I have 2 ½ more hours to go. Actually it's a moot point. The driver just showed up and there was no way to move me from point a to point B even tried to get the backup resident advisor here at the facility but that was worthless. So I sent them on his way. Got my fingers crossed and will just see what happens. But I thought you know what? The `chair still here so during the next 3 to 5 days over this funeral time something happens I just have my brothers assist needy transferring me into the back of chair would just get it done. Now, I'll send the chair and sometime next week when my home health person Download me into the chair probably Monday. Case closed…

No comments: