Friday, May 21, 2021

Hurry Up And wait!



It's Friday night and I need to stay in because I have a power chair that's not very dependable as far as the power goes. Even though I've not been far today just down to the lobby and back a couple times I'm not sure how much power I have left my batteries to make a forage over to the market. I believe I need chips potato chips – barbecue chips just chips in general for either hotdogs or sloppy Joe's for the weekend. Actually, I also need hotdog buns. Little bit by little bit of grown accustomed to this chair a little accustomed anyway. I now know if I have a full charge I can get back and forth to the market safely and dependably. I can go to the park or access both restaurants if that is really all that I do on that charge. I can live with that supposedly is my new power chair should be here any day and I'm going to have my current chair refurbished soon still leaving me at the mercy of this backup chair. Currently (excuse the pun) I'm charging my chair for Sprint over to the big market for chips and bonds. And in all honesty I could live without them but why? Life is way too short especially on Friday night. Luckily for me on what looks like a rainy and a bit stormy night I'll have access to Netflix, Amazon prime and the Disney network. Worst-case scenario I would default to my ever ready Guardians of the Galaxy. I could even get to bed early and read. This would be a smart move getting the weight off my butt entirely. This morning I had Melanie switch out the cushion from the standard chair into this chair and today's writers but much more comfortable and I think less damaging to my tush. Now I have to try to heal the damage done to the but by the other cushioned. I have a complete weekend a less than ideal weather to achieve this So looks like I will be laying low.


This afternoon IHC wheelchair shop picked up my chair with the broken motor, you remember the chair that stopped on State Street and 800 S. Salt Lake City. I'm having the folks at the shop look at the chair and then I'll have the folks at UCAT ascertain the damage and then refurbish. Actually, I could've cut out the whole trip to IHC medical and just set the chair straight into UCAT but honestly I really haven't been thinking very straight the last couple of days. Still however, I think I'm doing all right. I just need to have a chair that I have faith in again selected mix of long-distance trips and not be afraid that I'll be stranded. Perhaps the best lesson I learned from the incident on Tuesday is that I can probably get just about anywhere back to my apartment (if I have a backup chair ready) by taxicab now there's a couple accessible cabs in the city. So even if I do go down in the city somewhere with the dead chair all be okay once again a backup chair


No comments: