Friday, May 07, 2021

Prelude To A Funeral


The pandemic is not over by any means but little by little I can tell inroads are being made at bringing this beast under some form of control. The reason I say that is that little by little things are opening up to what they used to be or a facsimile to what they used to be.


As you know last week my sister-in-law passed away and they've had a run ice ever sense for the funeral which is tomorrow. Fortunately, were able to have a funeral that's very similar to the funerals we used to have in the be four times. My aunt Elaine passed – – my dear aunt Elaine – – who passed in the middle of the lockdown we didn't get a funeral. I don't know if I would've participated in the funeral even if we had the option. Just too much driving and not enough accessibility. Really, I met the mercy of public transit at this point in my life. However, tomorrow's genes funeral and I show be there at least for the funeral portion. There of course is a public viewing the hour before the service I don't see how I can get around that because I plan to leave really, as early as possible in order to be to the mortuary on time. Tonight, Friday night, there is a open view (I don't know if that's the appropriate term) where Jean will be out for inspection at the mortuary and family members and friends can drop by to express their condolences to my brother. I am choosing not to attend just because it's a little bit inclement weather and of course the bus routes are a little spooky after a certain point in time and I want to make sure I got back all right. Of course that serve self-serving because y'all know I've done a lot of nighttime stuff and know I can pretty much figure out my way around if I really want to do something. I think or I'm not sure if anything will happen after the viewing tonight. I don't know if folks want to a restaurant are to eat or what have you but I won't be with them. I was really pleased this afternoonWhen my sister came in the town she expressly wanted to have lunch with me. We did at the village in that I use as my main contact place. Linda, my little sister specifically one of time with me which made me feel great. She came in a bit later than I anticipated but we still had breakfast in the afternoon, drank lots of coffee and talked about all manners of things. Probably most significant thing we spoke oh has how old we are not weird life is at this point in not only our existence but the existence of mankind. That's a pretty broad brush we were painting with but it was fun.


I wish a taken a picture of us, you know selfie arm outstretched smiles snap and an image. We missed our opportunity. Hopefully I'll get another chance before this song and dance is over with. My other brother Paul is probably in town now. He called a couple hours ago while I was on my arm bike working out – – whole schedules next up right now with things – – had to call them back because I was able to pick up the phone on the first rings close I was tied to my bike. I doubt if I will see my brother tonight but for sure tomorrow. I don't know how long forecastle stay the area after the funeral. Metal sister flies out around 6 AM on Sunday and I'm sure Paul will be going back about the same time unless we do some serve breakfast but I doubt that would be a wise move just because it will also be Mother's Day and restaurants this town are bit insane on Mother's Day.


It's hard being the odd man out without transportation as well as access to places but that's not even an argument here. If I really want to be there tonight at the viewing, I could've dressed in pants jump the bus and then an appropriate family member. So it still comes down to me being the snotty little brother sometimes it's good to know what's place in life…


No comments: