Sunday, May 23, 2021

Sunday Afternoon Blahs

 


I'm almost in a funk I don't know if it's the chair or lack of the right chair, the low-pressure system with low clouds and low temperatures. It's not freezing by anyway is just chilly in the cold wind blowing and I know this cold season will not last long only a few days at the most but still doesn't do anything for my mood. Perhaps it was breakfast this morning with my son and granddaughter and the discussion we had, I'm not fully sure because I had trouble hearing voices with all the other noise going on at the restaurant, but wistfully was able to see generations of coming awareness. We are discussing something I can't remember for sure I think something to do with the conservative nature of folks in this part of the country and people of color and how people of color responded differently to their situation versus and how the dominant culture sees things. From what I could tell my granddaughter took her view which was a young person's view and the somewhat sheltered persons for you. My son tried to explain to her the situation as he sought and how he felt people of color saw this situation differently than the local population especially in the dominant religious culture. I tried to add my thoughts but basically stayed out of it witnessing and remembering almost the same conversations that I had with Mark Anthony at around the same time not necessarily with the race question but with other questions that only a person who is older who is seen life experienced can speak from. So the conversation was generational. And in the end it doesn't really matter at all.


And that's what I'm finding that in the end the doesn't really matter at all. I wish I could remember but yesterday I saw something I don't know if it was on the Internet her the news but somebody just turned 90 years old and it was sort of a shock. I think this person was famous I don't rightly remember it could've been royalty, political or some other form of fame but in the end if one gets to be old and knowledgeable then perhaps the real answer to the questions is it doesn't really matter at all and that In the end it really doesn't matter about.


I'm sleepy today which I attribute to the weather, they just can't shake my sleep deprivation. In a different life I'll just go to the bedroom and lay down for a quick nap or long nap for that matter, get up and feel great and then probably complain about not feeling sleepy enough to go to bed when the time came. It's the wheelchair thing being able to transfer from chair to bed and vice versa. I prefer to do one transfer each way a day. I wish I could sleep in my chair as many of my associates with disabilities do but I don't have that luxury so I just yawn and try to focus on something else like getting another cup of coffee though I've already built a tolerance to whatever stimulant properties the beverage might contain. The best part is that I know this will pass and that the days are going to warm again in four short time we'll have a summe: hot days warm nights and experiences one wishes could last forever…

No comments: