Monday, May 17, 2021

Joy Of Cooking

 



Are probably should've done more with the day that I had then I did but all things being equal I think I did okay. Perhaps the most significant thing which happened today, for me, was taking ownership of the new lift that I got for independent living. The left is much like the other left I have which puts me in this real bazaar state of the owner of three specific body lifts all kind of work. The lift I have been using is a Frankenstein made up of part of the old left in the lift I got when it stopped working which was kind of an emergency situation. It's a good lift and I actually like it quite a bit. But I had the chance for this new lift so I took it. Now I guess I need to contact my brother and have them come back and take the one part of the Frankenstein put it back on your initial lift then I have to get rid of those two lifts. This is not a Third World problem at all. So that was my justification for anything close to work that I did this day. But what I did that I think is most productive is I made brownies.


I know I had some box mixes in my pantry. I had not consulted them for some time but in the middle of the day I sort of got a hankering for something baked. I know I have a white cake mix but white cake mix just doesn't seem to cut it right this second so I dug a little bit deeper and found a brownie mix. I'm amazed at how easy it is to bake from a mix. Just add water, vegetable oil and egg and stir like crazy. Actually, I'm a little worried on today's event because I stir like crazy for a little bit but I don't think I stirred like crazy long enough. The reason I said that was when I poured the brownie mix from the great yellow bullet I used to mix the ingredients there was what looked like globular lumps scattered throughout the mix, globular lumps the size of perhaps my pinky fingernail. I'd stirred the mix pretty righteously I thought and I was just too lazy to pour the mess back into the yellow mixing bowl and wop it up some more. I figured what will be will be in if I cook it it'll still be brownie. I fired up the stove to 325°. I dug out my eight by a glass Pyrex container shot it with vegetable oil in the can for the mess into the 8 x 8” and tried not to look at the globs and threw it into the oven and set the timer for 45 minutes. I was pretty proud of myself just whipping this up for mid-day treat certainly didn't need the calories but I got one of the boxes out of the pantry and felt I had done something productive.


You know what? Actually I had forgotten that I watch close today so I have been productive. Anyway, I listen to my radio show at 3 o'clock just about the time the buzzer rang that the brownies should be finished. I looked inside and it looked like they were done but I left them in the oven just the same with the door open to cool so I could get the point where I could lift them out onto the counter. I couldn't help myself once I got the brownies on the counter and slid a knife into the mess just to check its doneness and it wasn't done as much like thought that it should be but the instructions indicated even if it didn't looked on it probably was and would solidify more once the brownie had time to set up. I went back later maybe 30 minutes With my spatula to lift the brownies out of the pan onto a plate but as I tried to do such it seemed to me that the brownies were just falling apart in fact it seemed like they're kind of raw on the inside.. The edges of the brownie around the pan were crisp and done and actually kind of good in fact the whole pile is good the taste of brownie. And I think I'll try to use it with an ice cream cup and see how that comes about.. So I have a plate of essentially partially done brownie. I plan to keep it around  and on enjoy the chocolate and the joy of cooking…

No comments: