Wednesday, May 26, 2021

New Shoes Blues

 



Last night I was working on my system maybe I was blogging I don't remember but I remember hearing a scrunching sound at the door of the apartment. I was kind of waiting for a knock but nothing came out so I said “come in!” Then I heard a very hurried “UPS delivery” I heard this as the driver was heading back towards the front door. Which is okay, I assume this is the style as we continue our Covid existence. I opened the door and as I did harass a confluence of neighbors for some reason I had to be neighborly and social as I saw this bundling on the floor by my door. I finally got one of the talkers to hand me the package. I knew instantly that was the shoes. Yes, the shoes.


I'm trying to be more Internet/home delivery user. Everybody I know is using the Amazon prime accounts and Costco accounts and Walmart accounts and on and on accounts to get everything delivered to their front door from handbags to hang grenades or so it seems. I'm trying to get on this home delivery wagon but it's kind of hard. Any reader of this blog knows that I suffer perpetual buyers remorse, anything I purchase seems to be the wrong thing or the wrong size are the wrong whatever. It seems to me the eye can't always be wrong so I'm ordering all kinds of things now which is kind of fun but also kind of scary. It seems like I can afford everything but I just waiting for a sucker punch of some sort of good roundhouse that hit me in the side of the head. Last couple weeks I've been losing my shoes more often than not. What I mean by losing my shoes is that through a spasm of one sort or another the shoes will actually come off my feet. This is very irritating partially I blame my chair just because I can't sit up straight anymore and tighten my shoes as tight as I'd like our can. I also blame the fact I bought some really cheap shoes last time I purchased from Walmart and I can't really keep the backs of issues over my heels so when I do have a good spasm off they go – – sometimes flying. In the last week or so I happen to open up a piece of email you know one of those pieces of junk mail that invade your computer's mailbox? Anyway this is for a big cheap clothing warehouse some sort. They offered shoes similar to what I would like or already in wearing a fairly decent price I think, $19, less than $24 when everything is done. I figured it was worth a crap shoot. They also advertised free returns so I figure, what can I lose? The shoes came in the mail yesterday I should not but I ripped open the package not thinking I would need the wrapping anymore. I ordered a shoe the size of 9 ½ 3E. The shoe that I cannot keep on my feet is 9 ½, wide and I figured 3E should be more than enough. It obviously is not. I haven't even tried to get the shoes on my feet would be like a bad scene out of Cinderella. It would look like I was the fat sister trying to get the glass slipper on my feet. So now I have to send it back. I don't know how to do this. Dianne is a pro as is many other folks who order things through the mail. I'm going to ask around and get the best information I can, maybe even visit with Dianne to see what she would recommend. I don't know if I'll ask for a larger shoe or just stick with shopping in person especially now that Covid's slowing and I've got both of my shots. There was a time where I just shrug my shoulders keep the shoes and be out the 24 bucks but now at least one or send the shoes back and get the money back in the my account so I go back to Walmart I'll not feel like a complete failure…

No comments: