Friday, May 14, 2021

Moments To Remember

 



Earlier this week Dianne and I were visiting on messenger and we saw the days ago be pretty good at the end of the week temperature wise and free of moisture or precipitation. We decided that might be fun to go out to lunch at one of our favorite places Morelias. We've been going to this place for at least 30 years and we love it not only its Americanized Hispanic food but the staff which are also the owners. I didn't do a search, but I'm sure I've written about these guys before. This restaurant is on a block in Salt Lake City which is recently gotten under immense change in fact, Morelias is probably one of the few remaining entities of that corner which is State Street in about 6100 S. and Murray Utah. I used to live in this neighborhood and we often stopped at this place on Friday nights, Monday nights, birthdays or whatever chance we could justify. Of course, divorce and aging changes everything but it's good to get back together and back to the restaurant.


I was a little spooked just because when we made the appointment I kind of forgot about today be in Friday which is one of my home health days. And I really like my home health worker but sometimes if my home health person is late It the throes everything off down the line and today is the day that that cannot happen. Our lunch time was 11 AM and I have to catch to buses to get this joint. Possibly if I got the first bus with enough time I can actually power my chair up to Morelias but I did want to chance that with all the issues I've had with this chair recently. I message my person last night before I went to bed and surprisingly she responded that she would be at my apartment early which was fantastic and she was. I ended up having more than enough time to make the date more than our. Luckily, there is a Burlington Coat Factory outlet on the same block as well is one of my favorite secondhand stores which allowed me to have ample time to wander up and down the aisles and see things that I felt that I needed. Not so much of the secondhand store but at Burlington's I spied a lobby dustpan and broom set for nine dollars which I've been looking for for a couple of months. The last one I purchased I thrashed to pieces and I need another and this was that. I made a note to pick one up on the way home. In the same parking lot as the restaurant there used to be I think a place called (Cotton bottom) which was a pretty intense sewing shop. I love this place. I'd like to buy fabric there and then play like him better be a seam stir some sort. About all kinds of little things for this place now it's a Tom Knox men's clothing store and it is nice. I nearly spent the whole hour looking at shirts which cost a hundred and 25 bucks! I could not believe this and it was just a regular button shirt that I would probably spend at the most 25 bucks online or if there is a Sears like in the old days. They had some nice catch however the do have a Taylor on site which is interesting that amount even knew someday.


Of course when I got to the restaurant it was way early one of the owners had his truck parked in front of the entrance is able to spend time visiting with him talking about the old days. I felt I was in the middle of the Billy Joel song about Mexican restaurants. Dianne eventually came with a taxi we had a great lunch but sadly we could linger having other things to do. It was fun though, we felt like grown-ups having lunch out with a new World eating with other people we don't know – – mask free!

No comments: