Thursday, May 13, 2021

Crash In The Night

 

.


I'm surviving. This merely 24-hour day of living without my regular power chair is nearly over. I was called by the IHC wheelchair shop a few minutes ago that they would be delivering my chair in the next couple hours. Now, I'm debating whether to transfer now enjoy the last two hours of this day in my old chair are just too pass the rest of the day in the back of chair. True the backup chair is squirrelly and a somewhat painful and I must admit I passed a qualified frightening 20 minutes this morning trying to pull myself into the chair after nearly failing in my transfer from my bed to the chair. I'm not sure exactly what happened but I was fairly cattywampus . My feet were dangling precariously out of the foot box, 1 foot in 1 foot out and I couldn't shake it all about. The took, like I said, 20 minutes of maneuvering but is finally able to get myself into the chair secure enough to recline the chair enough to pull myself the rest of the way. It's nobody's fault – – mine may be forgetting so big – – but I made it! Part of me does not want to do this again while the other part of me wants to do this again, perhaps over and over until I can make the transfer without fear or hesitation. I think it may have been my hesitation caused by problems. Now however, hopefully, I'll be back in my old chair hopefully until the new chair arrives.


You notice I said “hopefully” because essentially I got the feeling that they haven't fixed the chair. They reprogrammed the chair and do their hocus-pocus stuff to it but I kind of think there should whistling in the dark. In fact when I told the one person about how Mark Anthony kind of fix the chair there is a slight intake of breath and he suggested that you know this might be a a short of some sort in the system meaning there really was no way to fix the issue of the problem. I would just have to drive the chair if it goes into “idle mode” wait it out And get on my way and not said hope that it does not happen again. Was also told that if in fact it was an issue of mechanical flaw like the short that the only fix would be to put another complete controller on the chair which could run thousand dollars or more. Cameron – – the phone jockey at IHC wheelchair shop indicated that they might be able to knock off a few hundred bucks but still be pricey. In my mind I'm thinking this is a trip over to UCAT and see if they happen to have a controller – – which I know they do – – that I could swap out if need be. This is a long shot but still it's worth turning over the leaf to see what's beneath.


This may not be related at all to what I'm talking about so far but while I was struggling this morning in my power chair were trying to get into my power chair of heard this incredible crash. It sounded like all the dishes I had stacked in my drainer that somehow slid off the countertop onto the floor. It was only later when I went in for coffee did I see the full front of my oven had fallen onto the floor. I won't even try to explain what the front half the avenues except post the image in the front of this posting that hopefully will clarify. I knew the front was loose, sadly (reference “I am the destroyer”) I continually hook the front of my foot pedal on the corner of this surface and before I know what's going on I've plugged it a little bit and I guess I just plugged that one too many times the other day. It did not fall to the ground when it initially came loose because I have a number of dishtowels stacked or hung off the rail but I think in my thrashing to get into my chair I may have started a seismic event that dislodged the piece off the oven. Once again in a fit of pro-action that's gone awry I advised the building maintenance guy, Ted about this when he was here working on my emergency system that he was going to fix it. Ted really must have a short attention span of come to believe. The good guy I really like him but he keeps forgetting to do stuff I ask him. I took this image just lonely for my blog but for management to let them know I had a need and put in a work request But you know what? It's 80° outside, my power chairs coming back in the world's all right by me…

No comments: