Monday, May 31, 2021

Probability Techno storm

 



I'm so frustrated I resigned myself, which is a rather difficult to do when you think about. Today with my regular bowel program and which means my home health comes gets me up in my sling in my patient lift and moves me to toilet where I do my business and get on my shower. Well today I get strapped in and I find little has no power. I have the battery charger all weekend but something's gone wrong with the charger and didn't charge. I was going to use than the new lift but I forgot to plug the battery, actually I did not forget I wasn't planning on using because I use frank. Anyway, I didn't and I don't have a working patient lift. Melanie left planning on coming back tomorrow morning and I spent the day charging the new lift and hopefully we'll get it done tomorrow morning. I am really beginning to feel that I am in the middle of a techno-probability storm and everything's going down. I'm even having problems with my speech to text software. I just have to buckle in and ride it out.


I don't know what has happened with the lift battery on the composite I call Frank. The charger has been working just fine up until this last week. I don't know if the issue is the battery or the charger or me – – after all y'all know how I feel about being the Destroyer. Tomorrow, Tuesday, maybe I will saddle up and head to the battery shop and see if they can ascertain what the problem is if I take the battery in the charger with me. Mind you, I have been also suffering with this chair I'm in. I am waiting for the new one of course but I'm not totally secure with this chair either it could go on me at any time it seems. After all it was this chair which stranded me on State Street last week. I'm supposed to go to my weekly meeting tomorrow morning and if I make it back safely from that adventure then perhaps I will head to the battery shop to see if I can get the Invacare battery issue resolved and I can start using Frank again. I've been through this probability storms before and they will run their course but I just have to keep telling myself everything's going to work out one way or the other. I am 80% sure the new lift will work tomorrow just fine except for the sling I have to use it's very complicated and challenging for not only me but for Melanie who has to get me in and out of this contraption.


On a side note, I really must find a housekeeper. It's been too long and I have been relying too much on Melanie to do some cleaning while she waits for me to do my business. This is worked only to a certain degree and now I must find somebody who can focus a good two or three hours a week on the apartment. Even I cannot stand the chaos any longer. Also, once I get the lift question taking care of I need to get rid of some of this technology equipment. It's really driving me crazy as wells eating up what little space I have here. Like I said, things going to work out, they always do one way or the other…

No comments: