Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Wednesday Morning Chaos




My day, my morning started out as chaos. Had I let it this morning could've ruined the rest of my day but instead I think my morning was a gift disguised as chaos. I actually spent a pretty decent night all things considered. Whatever my son was able to accomplish with my chair I was totally pleased with its service to be. I have not once gone into “Idle Mode”. The chair just worked like it was supposed to and that is a relief to me. I slid into my chair a little after 6 AM as usual in today's a shower day so at least one to be shaved and have my equipment ready for service on my person gets here. My goal today this morning was to move the close that I'd folded yesterday afternoon out of my power chair and compare my backup chair to be usable Thursday afternoon when I have to give up my regular chair the sender the shop. As I was moving my wash out of the seat of the chair I backed the chair away from the wall and as I did the rear wheels of the power chair caught the desk – due to the ground with everything on it instant chaos. Forget about getting the back of chair ready my job now was to figure out a way to stand the secretary backup and then clean enough of the spilled material that we would be able to free the lift for my shower and start the process of picking up.


Had this tragedy happened later in the day I don't know if my reaction was balance contained as it was sensing things could've been worse and be thankful that I have a chair that seems to be working and everything will take care of itself. I was a little spooked not knowing the reaction of Melanie when she comes on the chaos but was pleasantly surprised when she did show up and came back to the bedroom where I was trying to straighten things out. Melanie immediately ascertain the issue and got the body Lift and got me on the toilet and went to work containing the chaos. I didn't think she would be able to lift the secretary but she did soon had it upright against the wall refolded a mess of close and swept up the whole area especially dusting off the window sill which had not been properly cleaned for who knows how long maybe five years. Melanie went above and beyond what she is paid to do today and I totally appreciate the extra effort. Melanie was able to get the majority of the mess under control. Leaving just a pile for me to sift through and organize. I found all kinds of things like hats, stamps and other pieces of equipment that I thought were gone forever. I will also be able to go through a lot of the items that crashed to the floor and basically toss them out starting over. So today's trauma was like a gift sort of like those guys who get cancer or have a stroke or some other crisis in the event totally redefines their life. This was not at that level but enough of a wake-up call to get me thinking of other things I should and could be doing. I'm really lucky lucky that I deserve most of the time and I see the events today being my Cinco de Mayo gift of Hope your gift was sweet as mine…


No comments: