Saturday, May 22, 2021

Leave on On A Jet Plane


One of my favorite spots at the apartment complex is the area by the back door parking lot. We of course are gated community in the back parking lot abuts Redwood Road and a view of Western Salt Lake, a view of the Oquirrh mountains. This area gets most of the afternoon sun especially during the summer. I like this spot particularly for reading in the spring in the fall when is not overly hot. One of the best things I've learned about sitting in this spot is the way exposure to flight paths to the airport specifically from the Southwest region of the country. You know how you always take something like this for granted.


What I found is that during the afternoon are actually within the morning the amount of aircraft using this flight path is astounding. On two different levels aircraft are coming in probably 15 minutes apart. What's wild in the summer – – I guess in the winter to but whenever I see it during the summer – – you can see the bright front lights of these jet aircraft backed up waiting to come in the land. Jet after jet after jet. It was uncanny during Covid everything came to a halt. No morning flights and no evening flights. I still find it unbelievable that all this travel just stopped like somebody through a switch.


I still cannot get over how mechanical this whole pandemic has been. I hope we've turned the corner. I'm vaccinated and millions of others are as well. So many have been vaccinated back they once again started filling the skies with these populated tubes moving millions from point a to point B and back again.


It's spring, you cannot really depend on the weather. The temperatures cool today with the wind the temperature has been struggling to get above 70°. Actually, surprisingly, it would be a great day to be out on the bus system if I had a chair I could trust. As of this I took off this morning over to the market to get some hot dog buns and potato chips so I was for Monday Memorial Day if not before. When-year-old, and you live in the The back end of a pandemic you tend to forget about federal holidays. I don't not very much. I see the jet airliners flying where the going p packed with people Going somewhere for a fast holiday retreat. They can do that now that had both shots in the pandemic seems to be under control for middle-class flyers with places to go And money to do it with. Don't get me wrong I don't mind not having a van or other forms of personal transportation. I have to admit I sometimes look with envy and some of the other folks here at the apartment complex run out and jump into their vehicles and zoom off to do this are to do that. It's okay I keep told myself I don't mind them pretty damn lucky to be where I am, and I am this first day of a holiday weekend…


No comments: