Tuesday, August 02, 2022

Chicken Leg Tuesday

 



Tuesday is not my most favorite day to try to up their. With Tuesday I'm well past the trauma of a new week and usually deep into new projects are picking up old projects that I had open before Friday ended them. I'm still fresh, I can still bring strength and vitality to the table but whatever project I might be in at that moment. I don't feel hazy in meetings like I do another days the week especially Thursday or Friday meetings will both part Friday meetings are just a waste of time but a good way to wind down the week special events out of the office and you don't have to return.


I think my good friend Lori kind of ask me tonight if I want to serve on another board. Sadly I didn't have a lot of time to chat, like I said it's been a busy day. Lori always has her fingers in a number of pies and many those pies deal with disability and arts which I think is pretty cool. That may has something to do with Utah Art Access. I've certainly used Art Access programs over the years it might be time to pay back a little bit. We only thing I don't think I could do would be an evening meeting. I just don't think I have the stamina to deal with public transit after dark but who knows? It might be doable will see.


I like it was Tuesday which means that I usually have a Assist, Inc. meeting which I did today. It was a very busy meeting compared to what we usually do. With the beginning of the new fiscal year in July everyone's come out of the woodwork desiring services and we had quite a bit of folks already stacked up from last year when they ran out of money, as we do every year this is nothing new. It's the classic case of “hurry up and wait”. We'll service a bunch of people this year up to until we run out of money will then be put on a waiting list for next year when we get our new allocations 1 July. And that's the private nonprofit business… Kind service. I know I sound a little frustrated sometimes I get that way but overall I really do support the work Assist does.


So, for me was a busy day traveling downtown doing the meeting then traveling home only after traveling up to U C A T to get a restraint belt for a wheelchair person here in the apartment complex that needs the seating restraint.. I don't know why I was so jazzed by the time I home but I decided to fry up a large package of chicken legs I've gotten from the market recently. I probably should've frozen them but afraid some legs the other night we came out pretty decent but I figured I'd better take care of these legs saw how something that chew on over the weekend.

No comments: