Friday, August 26, 2022

Turn Switch

 



I get so frustrated with myself – but you all know that. I can't remember if I've written about this issue are not but I have a number of these great, cheap, gooseneck clamp on lamps. The lamp has that alligator type of clamp that you pry open it on the flat surface you want to adhere the lamp to then plug it in a away you go. On the end of the lamp there is a round dome light switch that you can easily put your finger on internal amp on and off by twisting this dome. The only drawback is these domes are cap tend to pop off and if you don't find that piece and secure it back onto the little switch deal he that's left you have to turn the lamp on off by pinching the exposed and in turning. This is no problem for individuals who have full use of their hands and even me who has partial use I can use these switches to a point is just easier when that dome like piece is on the end of the lamp . I especially use this piece with my sticks with a nonslip coating which allows me to actuate this cap. Over the past couple of months I've actually been some research indicating that Walmart sells these pieces in 6 piece units. The section made sense to me when I read this that means I'm not the only one who has lost these caps especially to the point where they offer for sale in units of 6. The only problem the only problem is I spent all afternoon at my local Walmart.


These are such weird times it's hard to blame poor service on employees or Covid or the fact that I am unprepared and don't really know what I'm looking for. I'm beginning to wonder if the fact that I cannot find anyone to help me at the Walmart is a result of the fact that they are short on labor like everything seems to be these days. I did and was able to find the section and the lighting section of Walmart right action purchased my clamp on lamp. But searches I might I cannot find a new bags of replacement switches. So I went and trecked all over the store looking for a salesperson and finally finding some less than enthusiastic folks over at the computer section who said they were going to help me find what I was looking for but then disappeared or got lost in the market or whatever. Finally, I found somebody with a manager type badge on his shirt pocket and suppressed them into helping me or trying to. I found the drug them over to where the lamps are and specifically the clamp on lamps. Of course she just scratched his head similar to me but I felt I still had to go through the process of asking him. I figured he could be magic and pull out a manual somewhere and tell me where to order this material from but no dice. However, after I explained to him everything we finally figured out what I needed he reached over and pulled the Off of one of the lamps and handed to me and said “here take this one. I'll report this lab is nonfunctional and send it back will send replacement out". Just like that my problem was solved. I still would like to get a bag of 6 units I just need to find out where…

No comments: