Monday, August 29, 2022

Haircut Monday




wall art fromm the barbershop. The young guys did  the art…



I am really not prepared for this month to be over but it's coming. I don't know why but I have not been as on top of things as I should have been this month. I would like to blame the slackness on the heat but that doesn't make sense. Possibly my early involvement with the smokers out in the parking lot that doesn't really hold a lot of weight either accept I did spend a lot of time with these folks, who I like, but I just didn't get other things done in a timely manner like I should. The biggest case in point is I realize that the after tomorrow on the last day of this month I have a toenail appointment down S. Redwood Rd. I have found that I can contact Salt Lake County Senior services who runs a service delivering people who are seniors to them from medical and government appointments and other bureaucratic appointments. I've used them a couple of times for this minor medical attention to my toes i.e. cutting my toenails that really is kind a convenient. I remembered over the weekend that my appointment was this week and that I had not yet made an appointment with the transit service. I did call them this morning as soon as I was done with my home health visit but, as I expected, it was way too late all the time slots unfilled for sometimes. The operator did indicate that I can put my name on a waiting list in case any options opened up but I doubt that that's going to happen and luckily for me the bus will drop me off their but I have to actually wait quite a while when I have to switch buses at 7000 S. Souths to continue on my journey. But that this point that I have to wait sometimes 30 to 40 minutes before the next bus pulls out. Granted, it's an inconvenience but certainly not the end of the world especially with the temperatures as nice as they are right now. I need to get on top of this however so that I do have this transit convenience down for the bad weather if and when it comes this year. Need to make a commitment to try to make arrangements at least a week before set appointment is to occur.


It's not like not being able to make these arrangements (the pits of depression but I felt like I want to do something for myself and it was time to contact my barber to see if she was in today… And she was! As you know, I really like Myla who runs this little barber shop across the street from my apartment. To really convenient just really nice and as affordable as anybody else in some cases more so. She's recently (within the last year) allowed some young folk artists to move into her shop and essentially use her license for them to apply their hairstyling business. They do high-end cuts for minority men in the area. To have a deal worked out with Myla since she is the professional, with a license, and has a salon in the fall under to say except for I worry about the girl hope that her best interests are not maligned. I got my haircut and got back to the apartment after a short visit to the market. It's been a good day, I did wear shoes that always makes it a great day. I pretty much have by kid letters written for the month I still have to go over them again and print and I'm waiting for my end of the month 1st of the month payments to come to the bank working bus over to the branch picked up some change for letter stuffers. I'm not sure if I have a meeting tomorrow downtown. See last Tuesday's entry. So I should be out one where the other and the wonderful heat of the last days of August…

No comments: