Wednesday, August 24, 2022

No Shoes Wednesday

 



As you can tell I'm not wearing any shoes. I've realized this summer that just one shoes too much in my feet have been able to breathe like they usually do. I don't know if I will continue this concept but maybe I will start doing a no shoe Wednesday tradition. Even if I are this tradition until just the end of the summer. I think it will be enough. Recently, I've been a bit concerned about what my feet look like in my shoes as well as in the foot box of this power chair. I still believe it was oversized when I got it but I have gotten used to it actually kind of like it now for my comfort standpoint as well as the illusion of security it gives by wrapping around my feet particularly when I'm barefooted. I've only worn shoes, particularly the summer, because I've been meaning to go places and just not sure how people respond to bare feet of people in wheelchairs. I know for instance if you just walking around barefooted many proprietors have a problem with you in your establishment. So, rather than risk a confrontation over the coverings I'd not the coverings I decided to go with shoes the summer. I've actually thought about searching for a pair sandals like just sort of rest my feet on and still feel like I'm wearing shoes after all I see guys in sandals (which is just about as shoeless as one can get and not be barefooted) moving in and out of social places all the time from buses the bars known questions bare feet in sandals.


The only problem with my bare feet is that they tend to be puffy people who knows what they're talking about always note that I'm retaining water and all I can say is that “I know” and I have for nearly 60 years. Just what I do and I will get by I always do. So right now my bare feet, my swollen feet are my torn up oversized foot box makes me look very tacky and I guess I've accepted that the point of not really caring about my appearance hoping that my misguided belief in the illusion that people are who they are inside not on the outside (I don't know if that really made any sense you know).


Tomorrow, following coffee social, I'll be heading straight over to the restaurant for the Writers Brunch I guess I could go to coffee social and then swing by the apartment to slip my shoes on. And,I go to this restaurant almost every week at least once. They know me at the restaurant pretty well and I'm sure they would let me in no problem. But I'm almost sure that I'm not going to take the time to slip my shoes on tomorrow just the same and hope for the best so as I dress tomorrow going to put on my shoes then my shorts and my shirt and I'll be ready to go more than able to pass anybody's appearance test at least for the basics is not a whole lot I can do about this chair just yet but that's material for another post…

No comments: