Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Clip Clip!

 


Every 9 weeks I settle up and head south to 8822 Redwood Rd. which is the address of my podiatrist. Yes I have a podiatrist I cannot believe I say that it is true. I'm surprised at how many people use podiatrists talk about a thriving industry and a bit of a lucrative one as well for these little guys who take your shoes off clouds and dig and scrape your feet and clip your toenails to the best of their ability. My guy, Richard, takes about 10 to 15 maybe sometimes 20 minutes on my feet and then I'm done for another 9 weeks, like clockwork. Then Richard charges back to my insurance couple hundred bucks for his labor. Now, I'm just talking about toenail care I also know that Richard is an accomplished foot physician as well. I've been very thankful when I've had issues with my feet sores or traumatic toenail rips or whatever and Richard just jumped right on the situation got me in and out the door.


I have come to really look forward to my short little visits with Richard. His son is just finished podiatry school which is a form of medical school I guess. It's intense that's a four-year program passed regular bachelors degree. I think he has brothers also in the same business as quite a family function. We have a couple of storefronts around the state. I don't know if he does any home visiting our clinics in long-term care facilities or anything like that which ensure could be low hanging fruit. Everyone still while somebody shows up here at the complex and people line up to have their feet looked at and worked on. I don't go to these guys because I go to Richard, I'm a little elitist I guess that respect. I like the whole concept. I now just have to keep my wits about me in every 9 weeks contact the Salt Lake County Senior transit program to pick me up drop me off and pick me up again to take me home. My next session is going to be in November and he knows what kind of weather that will bring. We can't count on anything now that global warming has taken over.


I must take a quick paragraph and confess that as much as I like Richard doing my feet I miss Dianne doing my feet. It's one of those situations that I didn't know a good deal I had when I had it. I thought Dianne was being mean to me the way that she clipped my toenails. I sided with my dog cinnamon thinking that Dianne got too close to the quick many times. At least she didn't use a drill tool which Richard does the board to my feet get a jumping. I have to admit I was a real boob and thought I was really been hurt when DD attended to my feet but no matter what she did nothing compared to what Richard does in the 10 to 15 minutes he works on my feet. So DD I miss your care of my feet you really did a good job I just wanted you to know…

No comments: