Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Taco Hell Imagined

 


Vacation day! When the boss takes vacation many times so does the staff. Andrea's is the closest thing I have to a boss right now. He runs the little volunteer group on Tuesday mornings who approve or not move of projects being done by Assist, Inc. This pretty much rubberstamp committee I know that but still a good place to go and gives me some credibility is doing something for the community. Anyway Andreas been talking about this vacation for a couple weeks and there would be no meeting today. I felt good enough that I still want to take some time for myself and actually do something that I'd usually don't do on Tuesday mornings. I built a great breakfast and then I decided to head south to Deseret industries and see if I could find more table knives but I search for. I was also go to check out books to see if I can find something to read next since I'm getting to the end of the novel and currently reading. They said is going to get hot today perhaps close to 100 but that's okay. I've got a hat and got money for drinks if I need to get some hydration I'm set.


Deseret industries I go to in the 70th South region of Redwood Road. There's a number of secondhand stores as well as little restaurants and even a bar to in the district. Usually find a pretty good lunch but for some reason today I wanted to do Mexican fast food and the only thing I can really get to relatively quick and easily was a Taco Bell (Taco Hell). I don't know why I have such a poor feeling about this place I just never really liked their food even though it's pretty much the same as Del taco or any other Hispanic fast food joint though however I do still think Taco Time is the best for me from the fries to the tacos to the meat sticks if I can get to a Taco Time I'm definitely doing them. I have to admit when I went into the Taco Bell it was kind of grungy and a little unkept from staff to the product. That's okay they treated me fine. I got my 2 hardshell tacos and drink the grunts of the box more than I want to pay but what can you do? This joint had raised tables and ever since I got my power chair with the “eye level” lifting device I really like to go to a raised table to eat my whatever which I did today. I have to admit I looked pretty pathetic and even though I do love corn hardshell tacos to attend a blowup in my hands or crumble or whatever it is they do. And I made the mistake of getting sour cream with my taco so when bit into my taco not only did it explode move exploded with white rule stuff all over. No one seemed to mind. I got the weirdest feeling as I was eating my taco there is a tall guy standing at the counter trying to get some attention so you get order. I had not noticed until he stood there pounding on the counter trying to get someone to wait on him. He was tall and lanky, weirdly dressed oversize shirt over some kinds of trousers not necessarily bluejeans that loosefitting clothes. It was the kind of scene that (in movies is the last straw)in the character pulls out a weapon of some sort in either starts taking people hostages or just executing them. Neither happened, thank goodness, eventually the Ranger got some service and I got out of there as soon as I could have heading for a bus stop to get home. It had enough adventure for one day imagined are otherwise. I didn't need a vacation, next time maybe I'll just stay home…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adventures are always good. Staying home is boring. Be adventurous!