Sunday, August 07, 2022

Change The Channel Please!

 





it's funny how without thinking about it something takes hold of your life and for a short while tends to eclipse everything. That is now what's happening with the flatscreen my neighbor, Billie, gave me last week – – without the fire card – –. I'm trying not to make it a big deal but it's kind becoming a big deal at least to my mind. Today of course, Sunday, we had breakfast over at D's restaurant and I had marked drop by the apartment afterwards to give me his appraisal of the flatscreen. It was pretty much as I had anticipated: ancient technology still viable as a option for Netflix in and other streaming categories but not much in the area of creativity which is okay is not that I'm doing a lot of programming or anything these days. Essentially, the screen I have now is better for my needs them something like the old clunker. Now however I'm left with this artifact and not really knowing how to get rid of it. I guess technically speaking one cannot just leave it in garbage or dumpster. One has to actually pay to get rid of the device the proper way. I'm also saddled with possible guilt but then getting rid of something my neighbor gave me I think in good intentions but now something in the back of my mind is wondering what she just trying to get rid of the device without having to pay the fee of course when something comes into my apartment it essentially mine good or bad.


I don't know how fortuitous this is but Friday when Gloria my home health person was here she of course asked about the flatscreen as she had to negotiate around it to get to the bathroom since I had the screen sitting just inside my door. In fact I was kind of worried that I was going to destroy the screen in my usual fashion. Gloria, couple weeks ago, a friend of hers destroyed her flatscreen and she was desperately jolting for something to watch over the time she has off, when she has off. She did get something but hasn't really gotten it going yet. I'm not sure what she got it was something for free though. She seemed to be interested however in the flatscreen but I was going to do with it and I just told her I had to talk to my son. I have done that now and now knowing that getting rid of this technology can be a problem in and of itself a no longer have the guilt of giving away something given to me by my next-door neighbor. But in my just as bad now throwing light problem under Gloria. I mean just don't like Gloria's going to be doing any programming or anything technology wise ever. This person just want something to watch on her time off. Some good conscience Wednesday I will offer the device to my home health person and pray that she takes it and then figure out a way to getthe device over to her home way uptown Salt Lake and up 3 flights or four flights of stairs. Somehow, I feel I've been thrown in the middle of a Seinfeld episode…


No comments: