Monday, August 08, 2022

Futility

 



You know those round dome like things that fit over the twisting knobs on those cheap leaven the $12 lamps that have the alligator clamps that you can squeeze onto your desk or whatever flat device you have and then have a lamp right there? I actually really like the devices they're very helpful to me. The springs are a little heavy but I can usually get them open and squeeze them onto the service I need to have my lamp anchored to. This is lamps are really quite lifesaver. In one of the best features of the lamps are the little round caps that slide over the switch or little knob that actually turns the lamp on and off. A couple years ago I purchased 2 or 3 of these lamps at one time but I spread around the apartment. I have one by my bed which I have fixed to a nightstand, another I have on my workstation in front of my computer via the lamp I have clamped to a a bookshelf which I kind use as my medical rack where I keep all my medical supplies. I like to turn these lamps on and face them up towards the ceiling so I can really enjoy the refracted light. This is especially true during the winter months under so much darkness. What what invariably happens to me when I have these kind of devices is that somehow the cap goes over the twisting knob pops off and if I don't restored immediately I lose the cap And I have to rely on less than adequate thumb forefinger pinching strength to turn the lamps on. I have been able to circumvent that inability by using 2 hands to twist the little knob and that's okay if I have the 2 hands available but fun like lying in bed – – which I do every evening and need the terminal app off are on I can't do it if I don't have that round cap like dome space which makes turning the lamp on them off the breeze.


A couple of months ago I actually found a place on the Internet I think actually sells the' switch covers. I should just ordered the man and been done with that. They seldom 6 caps to end order. I think they even have them over at Home Depot that you can buy off the rack. Today I was going to see if I can find them close by after all the rain is passed the storms are done in the sun is out again. The 1st one over across the street to the True value (polygamist store) and they didn't have the items. If they did I couldn't find them. There went up and checked out a bunch of the weird, stores like target, Rosses and T.J. Maxx. You have such weird stuff you never know what might turn up so I spent an hour so wandering through each store checking things out nothing there. Then across the street for the Walmart and I figured if anyone would have the caps these guys would have them. After our frustration I left the store empty-handed. I think I actually purchased my lamps at the Walmart. They should have them I'm sure I'm not the only one who's lost this device. Just briefly after I got home I did some initial searches and couldn't find the place where I found them earlier. Maybe tonight or tomorrow I'll do some more searching and order therein via US mail or of course Amazon. So it wasn't a huge day for me but it did give me out of the apartment and traveled about 4 miles searching. I sit in my apartment think I should go out and check things out a bit T.J. Maxx, and the other department like stores and get out and do something but every time that I do a come back feeling empty and like I wasted my time and physically stressed myself for whatever reason I think that would've been happier staying at home and reading…

No comments: