Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Kid Letter-House Keeping

 


I don't know how many times I've indicated that I write this blog primarily for myself. Just to see if I can keep writing day after day. My favorite mantra is “a writer writes”. Now I really don't think of myself as a writer like Jerry or Lori, who are real writers but I like to sit down and may be right about something does happen to me usually during the day. But 1st and foremost I write for myself. Having said that I'm always amazed when I just happen to notice that someone has taken the time to write a comment regarding something that I've written. There is a feature at the bottom of the page which allows readers to respond. I don't know how much I really want something like that. Like I said more than anything I'm surprised that anybody reads the blog let alone responds to something I've written. It's usually good stuff though there's been some kind of negative reports. List the god-awful I'll take them down. Then there's a couple of computer-generated/bots who have “tripped over my” blog and have regurgitated whatever their programmed to write. I usually take those off too. I've even gotten some comments written in Farsi or some other Middle Eastern or Asian alphabets. I kind of think these are bots as well. After 4000+ entries I guess someone determined to leave a comment.


I was pleased to find that my pension came in during the night for this month. I didn't want to pull any more money out of my account until more money has been added. I try to keep a certain amount of cash around the apartment to pay for things like tips to my home health people, lite- shopping and cash for kids letters which I basically finished this morning. I know it sounds a little paranoid but I like having the cash to pay for items which does not leave a record. Call me old-fashioned. So with that in mind, I drove my chair down the cream to college rectum pickup the 47 westbound which basically drops me off at the credit union. I wanted to go early enough to miss the heat of the day which is still quite significant – – due to global warming I totally believe. Everything worked perfectly. There were no lines at the credit union I was able to my transaction done quickly even though I bested up a little I'll be able to deal with the problem. And then cut the bus back and I was home by 11 o'clock. A totally good day even given me the illusion that I'd done something relatively important. If there is a drawback to the day it was once again my computer could not find my printer. The solution for this, according to online in full, is to unplug the printer let it stand for 30 seconds and plug it back in and of course that something's almost impossible for me to do the way my computers configured to the printer. I ended up having my neighbor Billie stop in who is able to pull the plug out far enough to plug in the printer and the thing worked. I've got my letters printed as well as the envelopes I just need to kind of proof and then sign, stuff the money and send it out. I still have a day before the 1st of the month so I feel pretty good about myself. I didn't have to go to Salt Lake City today for my Assist, Inc. meeting. The boss is still on vacation…

No comments: