Thursday, August 25, 2022

Pizza Carnage

 



I Fight entropy. If I was still driving and I believed in personalized license plates that's what mine would say. I just finished dinner or at least the eating part of it. Now, before I get to bed I want to get back in the kitchen a little bit and try to straighten up the mess that I made just making dinner! Remember the other day I reported that senior who lives in this complex who regularly leaves things attached to my doorknob left me a frozen pizza this last go around. I've had it in the refrigerator for a couple of days and figure tonight was as good as any night to cut the thing. It was relatively simple comparatively speaking and I was pretty tired actually from having gone to a movie this afternoon and 90° heat. So I want something relatively simple but fun after all it is Thursday night the beginning of my weekend. So, since I already had turkey pepperoni I opened up a can of olives and did a quick chop chop and pretty much settled for that. The pizza was free and it's a small one. I did want to totally over load the surface area with goodies. I thought about chopping up some green pepper and I do have a piece of onion at me to be processed but didn't have the energy tonight. I figured with olives and turkey pepperoni and whatever else was on the pizza that came with it looks like cheese and some tomato sauce I should be happy and I am.


I kind of think this pizza was part of a 2 or 3 frozen pizza deal and she just peeled one off to give to me. They were individually wrapped. I guess the point in trying to make is that I think these pieces were made to be taken from a frozen state and thrown into an oven and cook. But I've had mine thawed in sitting in the refrigerator for the past 3 or 4 days this pizza was one limp biscuit. I thought about cooking the piece in my high sided, metal cooking basket/plan which my brother made me but I didn't want to move very easily and I was afraid of tearing apart the whole thing. I ended up shoving my pizza pan swiftly underneath the limp pizza and throwing it in the oven at 425. I wasn't sure on the temperature so I just shot from the hip. I watched a little news and checked on the oven a couple times and finally figured it was now or never. The crust looked brown on its way to black so I turned off the heat and open the door to let it cool because I knew there is no way I was going to be able to get a hot pizza out of the oven by myself without throwing the pizza onto the floor.


Totally surprising something that I do especially kind of randomly works out in my favor and tonight was one of those nights. The crust was nice and crispy, just the way I like it, the olives in the turkey pepperoni was okay too I think I would've been happier if I'd taken the time to process the onion in a green pepper which would have greatly added to the flavor. But as it turned out the pizza was just right for Thursday night dinner experience. With the help of a hook I was able to pull the pizza off the cooking pan onto the basket and onto the table or is able to cut my dinner up. I'm blessed I still have pizza left for tomorrow morning and maybe even Saturday morning if I'm not too greedy.


The movie was good, all things considered, I'm glad I didn't have to pay full price. It was Brad Pitt in some fast-paced major violent comedy (?) Feature. Even though I could attend again free I don't think that I would. However, I was pleased with myself for leaving the apartment and using my resources to enjoy the movie or at least attend and by the way, I did feel special I was the only one in them theater for the whole movie. I asked the guy who processed by entry if he was worried about regal theaters reorganizing their bankruptcy. He said he figured Regal is good for another 6 months at least in that hit have to see what would happen. That was good enough for me I took my drink and headed into the movies…

No comments: