Tuesday, August 16, 2022

I Just Don't Know

 




I've talked about the new “smokers group” that I've been hanging out with the past couple of days. These pariahs who smoke under the awning in the parking area more than 25 feet away from the entry door to the facility. And the reason I hang with these guys, for the time being, is that they're closer to my age than they did the other folks here at the senior living project. I don't know how long this is going to last for a number of reasons most specifically politically. I'm always shocked when I run into a minority group with a very be an ethnic group or folks of disabilities who support the previous president. I just have a hard time figuring out what these folks think. I kind of think they're all “sheep” and just following their crowd. Like I said that a whole group of Hispanics and folks who are black and other minorities who support this guy. I just don't understand it.


I mean it should be a no-brainer for people with disabilities since we're pretty much isolated anyway and pretty much accepted/used whenever we can add support to a political party or political agenda. I mean, all you have to do is look at see what this conservative party has done to people with disabilities as far as cutting their supports and programs to the point where these people are unable to survive. Trump is not gotten to the point yet where he sending out wheelchair accessible vans to collect seniors and people with disabilities and dry them over to the kilns yet but I can assure you that it's coming. I'm not trying to overreact but the party itself has been fairly unsupportive to people with disabilities trying to live independently in the community. The party in general hides behind hidden remarks but this crazy guy's out front with direct comments which scared me to death and should other individuals with disabilities. When one uses logic these individuals indicate that's not what the individual said or meant they can't fathom somebody communicating these ideas about people with disabilities just trying to live. Or maybe they do. Maybe that's exactly what they want society free of disability, people with disabilities and seniors all seems a drain on the billfold's. I try not to think about this very much because if I do, like the pandemic, like the drought in the disappearing water in the West, I get scared to death and worry about myself and what will happen when my supply of water runs out. I do have a supply of water not very much strictly speaking but enough to get me through a couple days but only drinking but basic hygiene. I hope I never have to worry about using this water hopefully people will come to their senses and figure out something or some way to beat this drought. I hope that we as a species will be able to do it but, I just don't know…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The scariest words that can be said are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help. You need to be open to other people's views even if they are different than yours. As they should be with your opinion. Do not let people's beliefs dissuade you from socializing with them, that is how the division in this county has become so profound.