Sunday, August 14, 2022

I Scream!


I must be mellowing either that or the sun is melting my brain either way I be getting to use the Arctic circle across the street more and more. Remember I was all pissed off at the AC because they closed their “in-house dining” area for should me to have to go through the drive-through in order to get anything. Well I suppose time I just warned me down and I'm okay, well – not really since they are only fast food joint across the street I'm wavering.


It's not necessarily a hot day, we are still receiving the moisture flow referred to as monsoon flow that's bringing copious clouds and tons of humidity and an occasional thunder shower/storm. Earlier in the day I met with Mark and Jasmine at the D's restaurant just down the street for a pretty decent breakfast and some good visiting. But after I got home everyone was gone of course. One out to the parking lot to see if the smokers were around to do some visiting but there were none. So I enjoy the sunshine for a while read my book for a while and then even I felt the need to get out and do some exploring if not just across the street. I tried this before yesterday or the day before I can't remember but I went through the drive through (when there was a lull in traffic) and I ask for a “courtesy cone” a small “baby” ice cream cone which is given out for free! This really works for me, the baby cone, gives me just enough ice cream flavor and cone crunch without going through the summer trauma over-licking the hell out of the ice cream mound perched on top of the waffle cone.I grabbed my cone and relocated myself to a shady overhang caused by the entry door that is no longer used but gave me a pretty good view of the drive-through. For some reason I thought I was the only individual who really knew about “courtesy cones” but I was astounded that vehicle after vehicle pulled up and ordered nothing but courtesy cones. I was amazed. I started to feel bad that AC may just “courtesy” themselves out of business. I saw one SUV pull in and get 6 courtesy cones for the mom and the 5 kids. I suppose it develops good well. Now I'm considering going back sometime this week in buying a real ice cream cone maybe even a chocolate dipped ice cream cone. I just finished watching the news is going to hot again so it's going be perfect weather for ice cream. Kind of wish there is a place to get hard ice cream but I don't know of anything close. I'm just don't have to satisfy myself with softies.


I watched this AC every day. I am amazed at how many cars go through the drive through daily. I also know the guy has off “wanted message” on the Windows of the facility. I'm sure if asked he would say he can't find enough people to man the facility. This is probably true for everything I hear on the news and stuff about the worker shortage. I don't think I really believe he has a shortage however but who knows I could be wrong I usually am but I doubt he would hire me if I rolled over there today and besides the doors are locked and I couldn't get in…

No comments: