Monday, August 22, 2022

Turkey Pepperoni!? Please

 



I did my final wake up at 6:30 AM, I rarely ever sleep in that late so last night was a gift even though I woke up around 2:30 AM to do some business. I was so glad is able get back to sleep and I did! I spent the morning, 90 minutes before my home health person, Melissa, shows up picking up the apartment so it's not so dire a mess. I was able to get a lot of the floor swept, coffee made, my special morning drink made and some basic dishes done. Because of the extra sleep I felt great.


I felt so great I went to the market. Again, picking up a few things I needed to get through to the end of the month. More jalapeno peppers, vegetable juice(spicy), fresh bananas, broccoli, green pepper and the cantaloupe. This does it mean I will not go to the market before the end of the month but probably means of a need to, I've got the basics. I may do some fun shopping but I think I'm okay to the next financial infusion. I'm doing okay as long as the inflation stays in check. Such weird times.


Remember, yesterday, I got another sack of food for Marta, my friend who takes care of me grocery wise even though I don't need it. I got that pizza round. It was frozen at the time and now it's just a wimp/limp piece of dough covered with cheese sitting in my refrigerator looking like a Salvador Dali painting. I'm sure it'll cook up just fine if I use it this week. That was the reason I purchased the green pepper BTW. I would like to got some mushrooms too and opened a can of olives. The piece of dough just not large enough to support that kind of a pizza. I do like to decorate a great pizza though. The point that I'm getting to is that Marta in her complete care concept included a package of pepperoni was only on closer inspection I realize the pepperoni was turkey pepperoni and not pepperoni pepperoni. I know it's a minor point in the dollar should be thankful but this threw me back into the old days my mom is always trying to get us kids to try stuff that really didn't want at least I didn't want to. She was always cutting corners (that's how I sought but maybe she was just trying to make is healthy). Like shake and bake chicken! Once she found she could cook chicken “almost as good as fried” I don't think we ever had fried chicken again. Same way with dinner rolls mom could make the best bread which made the best roles but once she got into Bisquick and the other kinds of “fake biscuits” we never had “real bread” again I think the worst was no bake cookies. Even in this day I can't really stand no bake cookies just cutting too many corners. So turkey pepperoni is like a slap in the face. I'm sure it's good to some, I think it's a near miss what could be and it's probably a lot more healthy for you then regular Pepperoni but it's just not the same. I guess I better use it just because I haven't but I also have some of the pepperoni's in refrigerator. I don't think this whole thing is worthy of a taste test it wouldn't take much to have such a competition if there were other like minds in the universe. So maybe Thursday or Friday evening I get the gumption up to pull the Dali out of the refrigerator decorated up and shove it in the ovensee what we come up with

No comments: