Friday, August 19, 2022

More Change

 


Something's happening I don't know what it is is begin to affect my sleep cycles some degree. Last night for some reason I just couldn't drain. Y'all know that I cath in bed and I've been doing it of course ever since I've been here which is been more than 5 years with no issues not really. However last night I used a catheter twice and could not drain and I didn't get much sleep because even though I couldn't drain it still felt like I had a full bladder. I did stay in bed till 6 AM when I finally did get up I drained like 500 mL! So, this is the happening little bit by little bit for past couple weeks last night was the 1st time I couldn't drain at all is somewhat worrisome. I mean I don't want to have to actually transferred about power chair so I can catheterize sitting up. All I know is it something different there don't like necessarily “different”.


Friday means it's shower day. Gloria was here as always and she did a great job. In the course of our conversation this morning she did give me a heads up that she would probably be leaving this employment mid-October. I hope not but the girls go do what's good for her. Luckily get too freaked out because a lot can happen between now and October specially if you are a home health service provider. Hopefully, if that were to happen – – Gloria living – – then hopefully Melissa could jump in and start providing services to cover Gloria's absence. This would be a good solution actually a good great solution so I wouldn't have to train someone over again getting kind of old. But I guess the real lesson is that the life of having to use home health providers for part of your independence. Other than that the days been quite quiet. A low-pressure systems moved in brooding clouds and threats of rain and a much lower temperature. It seems everyone is running around talking about how great it is not just trying to find some heat somewhere. I wore a short sleeve shirt anyway pretty much stayed in the apartment most of the day. Did my workout did my regular stuff, a couple of word games puzzles and such cleanup little bit drank some coffee later on in the afternoon I went out to see if anybody would was at the smokers parking space and Ellen was there. One story short we are not having dinner of pizza. We did half's the my portion came out to be 10 bucks and that was less for probably should have paid. There was nice however to have someone to eat dinner with for want to do while. I doubt if it will be an ongoing thing but was certainly different a nice change. I didn't get the Salisbury steaks in rich dark gravy made like I wanted to but I did get the meat thawed out and vegetables processed so maybe I can do it tomorrow and then I'll have it for Sunday as well.


So not a bad day still I didn't do as much as I think I should of or a could have but I didn't drag as much as I thought for as long as I was up during the night, strange that's okay it's Friday sometimes you want a light Friday…

No comments: