Wednesday, March 14, 2018

3.14 159265359….

Image may contain: people sitting and food

Pi a number. Very special number of wish I had the intelligence and the mathematic background to explain or describe that number which is much more than just its face value of 3.14… to infinity. I can say Pi's is a super important number which allows us or our scientific industries to do all kinds of things again I don't even have the beginning of intelligence to describe all the uses this number is. What's interesting to me is that in the last few years maybe decade that the population who respects science has elected to place pi in its respective place almost a place of worship is not theological then scientific so much so that in the United States at least pi has landed its own day. What fun?

One has to totally admire the American drive to make money at any cost. I was somewhat amused a couple years ago when Village Inn began its free pie Pi daycampaign. I don't remember which came first Pi day or Free Pie Wednesday. Still free pie is free pie regardless of the way pie is spelled. I did not check, but I know recently I have written about Village In's free pie Wednesday which my friend Lori turned me on to I talked about the Village Inn which is in my neighborhood. The VI is very close Just a short role from the apartments. Steven Hawking died today. Frankly, I'm quite surprised at how moved his passing has made me. All of a sudden, in what seemed a sudden flash, I felt directed to go participate in Pi space Day/Free Time Wednesday it seemed a suitable thing to do to honor the passing of this great physicist.

A storm front is rolled through the great Wasatch front today. Dark clouds even rain mixed with wind. The rain seemed to be falling intermittently through the morning. I decided I would take the chance and zip up to the restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised when upon leaving the apartment that regardless of the clouds the temperature was quite warm. I took my heavy hood just the same in case rain did start with a vengeance. The place was not super busy but busy enough with seniors and students whom I am sure deserted the school walkout/Strike ,which happened all across the country today, The students at the restaurant to date were definitely fringe which is okay with me. I ordered a coffee and I thought why not order a cup of soup just so I won't seem right came just to take advantage of the day in the restaurant. Beef vegetable soup, surprisingly good, I would've definitely ordered the bowl had I known the soup was going to be as good as it was. Then it was pie time. I figured I would do it up right and I ordered ice cream to go with my Apple pie which I had them nuke. The pie was beautiful, the ice cream okay and the coffee drinkable. My free pie ended up cost me $7.50 again that's okay enjoyed the moment and the celebration and the honoring of Dr. Hawking. May he forever soar in peace.

No comments: