Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Comedians In Cars…


I hate it when one of my icons crumbles. Couple days ago I was lying in bed right around 3:30 AM trying to trick myself into going back to sleep. I don't know what is happening to me but for the past couple of days I've been waking up like clockwork at 3:15 AM I don't know what it is but it is. Anyway, I all of a sudden had an urge to watch a segment of Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee a great little podcast I tripped over a number of years ago cruising around the Internet. Jerry Seinfeld picks up another comedian in some high-end car usually and they go out and do coffee. It's a very laid-back interview and very funny. I watched off and on for a couple of years. The episodes are pretty short but they were hilarious that the Internet always be there. However, to my concern all I got was the show's logo and the link to Netflix. Somewhere along the line Jerry at sold-out and I was totally bummed .

These interviews are great. Interviews all with big-name comedians and interviews are just hilarious. Actually, one of the favorites that I seen is Jerry's actual interview with Pres. Obama. I will not promise anything but I will try to get a link from this page to the interview. I don't know how Seinfeld but the interview is kind of brilliant. I mean I was just crestfallen. Not that I think I have to have everything free but of all people why Jerry? It's not like you don't have all the money in the world. You are a major millionaire you are not going to go broke and I can tell and I can tell you you love doing the interviews you love driving all these fast cars. And I know you're not a mean guy you just aren't.

I've been thinking about this all day. Finally, getting home and finally getting on line I thought I would do some research to satisfy myself. I still don't understand everything about what is going on but there seems to be a lawsuit against Jerry Seinfeld about who came up with the concept for the show initially. So this is all in court that somehow for Jerry to continue the show , Jerry is having to go through Netflix. So, I guess it's not necessarily a money thing as much as it is a a legal thing. Still doesn't make much sense and is just an irritation that I should have to enroll in Netflix just so I can keep up with Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee. The link I want to attach to this posting I was able to find in some place other than Netflix. I suppose someone bootlegged the episode to their platform andI'm sure glad they did. I suppose I really could research and find some other episodes. I just hate change, you know that. I suppose in the end I will have to bend to the will of Netflix or some other Internet God that has the content that I want to pursue or partake. The pisses me off.

No comments: