Monday, March 26, 2018

Sponge Story



I don't know what is going on with me right now but in the past week I've been waking up around 3 AM and rarely getting back to sleep. I don't know if it's spring or just the excitement of being alive it's hard to say. I might add however getting only 3 to 4 hours of sleep at night and still functioning fairly well and I get to the day okay. I must confess however, sometimes I briefly falls sleep when I'm doing my arm bike in the afternoons. Still though I'm feeling pretty good. I try to stay in bed until 6 AM at the earliest. I don't necessarily fight to get back to sleep but I lay there and if I'm not destined to go back to sleep and I just lay there and think in this morning was thinking about my cleaning person, Cindy. This morning I was thinking of all the things I need to do before her next arrival sometime in early April. I need to get a special cleaning solution she likes the years some variation of Mr. Clean. I'm finding I can find a solution in big bottles and just keep refilling squirt bottles that Cindy uses. I have found what I think is the right stuff at the market across the street but I might like to see it I can find industrial size at Costco. This will necessitate contacting Mark Anthony or somebody else who has a vehicle to pick a container of Mr. Clean.

Last night as I was madly cleaning up, right before bed, a little so that my morning staff will not think I have not totally entroped over the weekend. I noticed the sponge that I use to wash the dishes and everything else in that neck of the woods. I'm not sure but I am almost positive that Cindy made a comment regarding the cleanliness and health risk of using a kitchen sponge too long. Something about an overused sponge is a germ disaster movie. I of course immediately started making excuses that I always squeezed the sponge clean, I frequently douse the sponge with bleach and I never let it sit in the water of the sink…very long. I don't know if I just don't believe in the world view of germ theory or I'm just cheap and I don't want to spend the money on more sponges if I just have to throw them out the next time they begin smelling funny and of course a little bit of Clorox cleans things right up. I still don't want to have to deal with her unspoken wrath.

This morning my staff, Dana, was all excited to tell me all the new Weight Watchers program allows person to eat as many prepared beans as possible – – not from a can but beans like pinto beans or a mixture of beans rinsed thrown into a long-term cooker like a crockpot and cooked into oblivion. She was so excited she cannot stand it. Eggs and beans both hold no value on the Weight Watchers point system!!! Beans are free! I lent my crockpot to my neighbor across the hall this weekend and she is scrubbed this crockpot out and it was beautifully clean. I figured what the heck I'm good to make a pilot beans. In the process of doing this I looked in the cabinets under the sink and their work two unused,scrub sponges. I was saved. Though I should still geta few more sponges the next time I'm at the market… just to be safe.

No comments: