Friday, March 16, 2018

Arm Drive



I use Facebook as my main source for social media. I tried to get into Twitter and some of the other fads of social media but I could never get comfortable with any of them. There are a lot of things that I do not like about Facebook particularly their habit of attaching new things to my page that I did not necessarily want but somehow they think is cool. Today, what is bothering me, was a blast the past motifs with what was going on's four years ago. Even though I don't like this (“way back) intrusion, a photograph got me thinking. Four years ago Mark Anthony and  I just assembled my used Saratoga Silver exercise machine. I found it on the Internet somewhere and I flat-out purchased-- it was a deal.

I knew what I was getting, I used a Saratoga Silver at rehab. I liked the machine and particularly I liked what the machine does for me. The machine gives me a great workout. I use the machine almost every day except Sunday – – the holy day. I love this machine I don't know what I'm going to do when I wear it out which most assuredly I well… That is unless the machine wears me out before. Now that I've used machine, where I live, for four years. I know that if I did wear the machine out I would simply find another – – I doubt it would be a Saratoga Silver since the machine is no longer being made. I'm sure there are variations on the machine, some simpler and some more complex. For example I would be interested in finding a machine that would allow me to program different modalities to work out. I sense a person can do this with the Saratoga but I've never sat down or had the patiences to develop new regimens to work out to. As it stands I have four basic programs that I use over and over and over again.

As I said, with the exception of Sunday I try to work out every day. The first three years I would do a half an hour on the machine usually listing to Marketplace on NPR. Now I'm doing about 50 minutes a day which is significantly more and is quite a workout. I used to work out at 430 in the afternoon and listen to Marketplace broadcast out of New York City by WNYC. The same program is broadcast from my local public radio station KUER broadcast at 6:30 PM. Now I'm changing things around a little bit and working out at 1 PM listing to Terry Gross's FRESH AIR. FRESH AIR works because it is in our program back into my complete work out under its umbrella.

I love my arm back and I hope it's doing me good. Everyone seems to think so so I will continue turning my back 50 minutes a day and who knows maybe sometime 60. I would like to think that I'm pretty not significant calories but I don't know if that's the case. My home healthcare staff, she thinks that I am, even though today when I weighed I had gained weight and was somewhat dismayed. So, my Saratoga Silver is not my silver bullet for weight control all I know that it does my heart good.

No comments: