Friday, March 02, 2018

Sweet Dreams




I don't know how I got on St. Joseph's mailing list and I did sometime around Christmas I received a pretty hefty package from St. Joseph's Indian School. It was the standard package please give us some money and you  can have everything in this envelope  consisting of two pages of stickers, two pages of adhesive address labels with my name and address neatly printed, actually very nicely done, some hand-drawn ending  with kids pictures of the reservation I suppose and a dream catcher as well as the regular paraphernalia explaining  why I should be sending them all kinds of money. And I'm more than welcome to keep all the stuff came in the mail even if I don't send them any money – – like I'm going to bundle this whole pile stuff and send it back. I mean this package of materials must have cost a bundle to produce and mail out. Don't they (the Indian guys) know what I'm thinking?  Hey why should I send them money for them to produce more of this weird stuff and send it looking for more money? I promptly  threw it all away except for the mailing labels and three Christmas cards. I didn't think much more of the event until last week when I got another package for St. Joseph's Indian School. This package is identical to the first package except minus the Christmas cards I assume since the mail out was done after the first of year. I cannot believe this. I really believe these guys actually think now as we get close to tax season that all these guys that stiffed us for Christmas by going to do a taxable donation or something. I was almost pissed but I threw the whole package on my little desk and forgot about the mess until earlier this week and Cindy my cleaning person came over.

Each visit Cindy focuses ona specific area to attack in my abode of chaos, besides the regular apartment cleaning, and this visit that was the the desk area and of course the first thing she latches onto is the dream catcher. I would not say dream catchers fascinate me but they do hold a certain interest, after all I love Stephen King and he writes about dream catchers I'm going to be interested. Still I regulate items like dream catchers to the same area as numerology and zodiac signs. But Cindy probably believes in the dream catcher concept and of course the first thing she did with dream catcher in hand ties into the boom over my bed the boom which my trapeze hangs from. I figured it was easier to let her apply the dream catcher Ben to get into elongated discussion on the hocus-pocus of boogie-woogie Indian stuff. I don't know if I like the dream catcher hanging off my trapeze bar but it's out of my way and makes my housekeeper happy.

I cannot say for sure it is too soon to tell but maybe just maybe I am falling asleep quicker but I go to bed, I am staying asleep longer and when I do wake up it almost feels as if I go back to sleep immediately. I'm not going to give the dream catcher credit right now but I must admit I might be thinking about it. Good to give it a couple more weeks and who knows maybe I'll send a check to the St. Joseph's Indian School…

No comments: