Thursday, March 22, 2018

Thinking About Steve

non-use-able exercise room

We have a library here at the facility where I live, Plymouth View apartments. The library is beautiful for what it is just a shame the library is not used more than it is. I have used number of the volumes in the library and sometimes I go there just to hang out because I know I'll be left alone and it's quite a quiet place. I also find the library is a convenient place to dump books which I did today. I wrote the other day that I finished The Girl On The Train and I needed to get rid of it. I make it sound so nefarious actually I just wanted other folks that have a shot at the book.

The library is on the second floor. The second floor is kind of neat place not only is there a library, there is an exercise room (of course I cannot use it since it's made for able bodies that's okay I'm used to it)another laundry, identical to that of the first floor , the computer lab and the craft-room which could be used for so much more, currently the room is then taken over by puzzled people. There are three or four half assembled jigsaw puzzles sitting on the tables. I sometimes go in there and think of all the great things that room can be used for in the line of crafts not puzzle assembling. I didn't mention that in the craft room is a major vending machine which has chips, various candy selections and cokes. Again I do not think it was intentional, I know it was not intentional but the machine is not accessible to people in power wheelchairs with limited hand function. Even if I could get the machine to take one of my dollars everything selected drops to the bottom of the machine where you have to put your hand into the machine and collect your booty at the bottom. I suppose I could use one of my hooks to possibly pull my selection of the machine. But frankly, I never got that stage.

My friend Steve also lives on the second floor in fact Steve lives exactly over my apartment. When Steve uses the the bathroom/toilet in his apartment the flushing sounds like thrusters from a jet engine. Steve is pretty regular so I can usually tell what time of night/morning and is when I hear the toilet flush. Steve is a bit older than I and I would wager even more frail. Every time I hear a THUD, I just know Steve is crashed to the floor. But that has not happened yet to my knowledge. Today after dropping off my book I stopped off at Steve's apartment to see how I was doing. He was doing okay but he had a host of issues to talk about and we talked for about 30 to 45 minutes. Steve is kind of funny guy, became regardless of the Coast to Coast radio, or Up All Night another radio station that broadcasts conspiracy theories and their solutions. Steve shops high-end markets for his groceries to make sure is getting non-GMO foods, he of course has a blender and makes sure he is getting the best possible food inside him that he can manage. Steve is keeping himself alive by making sure he's eating the right food and getting the best medical attention he can afford. I worry about him and that's all I can do. Steve needs a laptop computer. I don't know how but better figure out a way to get him system which you can use to the end of his days… Which may not be long.

No comments: