Sunday, March 18, 2018

Tax Man





I have less than a month now before taxes are due. I know I've whined about this before but this is an area of life that have little experience with except tension and stress. Seriously, the only income I have is Social Security and a little bit I get from the state government pension which is very little monthly yet I am nearly paralyzed with stress in getting these taxes completed. I have gotten, I think, most of the paperwork from the sources for the money comes from and now I just have to figure out what forms goes where.

I washed to loads of clothes, washed a load of dishes in the dishwasher, cooked breakfast and washed the dishes and am toying with the idea of hanging the last bath of  clothes that I washed yesterday afternoon. You see the pattern? Classic avoidance behavior. I am doing everything in my power to circumvent having to focus on my taxes. Two weeks ago in a sudden rash of adulthood I actually convinced myself I could do these taxes and I can do these taxes online. I mean millions of people do this every year I should be able to do this without issue. So I opened up an account on this tax website before I had all the stuff I needed and have that done anything since. Now, the account is haunting me and will not let me be on my computer without hounding me about completing my tax information and sending the information off.

I cannot believe how many people have their taxes done for them by other people, who are tax professionals or parents, brothers or sisters or spouses who knows what they're doing. But mostly tax professionals. My cleaning lady told me that she and her husband have a tax professional and last year got them back $13,000! Her husband, I think, owns a construction group and she of course has a little cleaning business but they must be making kick ass money. Some people, old people, but some of the folks who live here feel they don't make enough money to pay taxes so they don't! Don't you have to file even if you don't make any money? There is even a perpetual rumor that if you are  person with a disability you enjoy a “special” tax bracket. But  working at the Independent living Center with a lot of other folks with disabilities similar to mine these guys use this special deduction, every year and would always bring them a load of money back on the refund. The one time I tried this I got penalized, and then when I consider this the next year and I read the qualifications to use this production I didn't fit any of them. And that pretty much made the same amount of money that the other members of the staff that nothing ever happened of them. Dianne and I finally just accepted that we would pay and then just paid our regular tax. Still, I have a pile of questions bazillion questions that I need to have answered. I keep thinking ' well, today is nearly done a jump on it tomorrow, the first of the week'. This is obvious stinking thinking. I wanted to another crypt to quote, or do some shopping on Amazon or maybe going up to see what Red box as to offer your even just Amazon itself and then do movies until bedtime. Obviously, I'm not healthy. I've got ready for the tax-man.

No comments: