Saturday, March 31, 2018

Grounds In My Coffee





I currently have two Chargers for my power chair with plugs that have issues. I am the destroyer I've written about this probably more than once but the truth still holds. I'm not sure why  my Chargers plugs are failing . Perhaps the reason the plugs are at risk is because I have rolled over the plug more than once which is almost impossible not to do… If you're me. Other folks I'm sure are infinitely more responsible than I and probably do not have this problem. The one plugs metal housing is so loose,  the plug itself is hanging out. This cannot be safe and really just needs to be screwed back back together. I should be able to do this but I do not have the hand function necessary this task is beyond my ability. The plug itself has to be compressed enough for the metal housing to slide over to meet the ring and threads to screw in. I don't have the hand function, the tweezer function in my fingers needed the press the plug. When I cannot pull the rabbit out of the hat, of course, then I must find somebody with the appropriate hand function to do the trick. I'm getting by using one of my other chargers  and is actually separated from the cord and who's wires are dangerously exposed but I'm still using the plot to charge my chair, when needed, until I can get the other charger screwed back together this go-between charger well have to do .  I used to engage the “fix-it guy” here at the apartment complex and he could just about fix anything I needed fixed, but sadly, he has moved on and his replacement is a "go by the book straight arrow " who won't touch anything that does not have a sanctioned, signed, work order. So I figured today I would just go across the street to the coffee shop (see last week's posting) and grab one of those blue-collar Saturday morning coffee drinkers who I know would jump right on the request and get the job done.

I had a strange feeling as I crossed the street to the coffee shop, there were hardly any cars in the parking lot. Great I thought to myself I well grab one of the staff but then I realized there was no activity, not even lights, in the coffee shop. I thought to myself, off for Easter? I cannot believe this but as I got to the front door there was a paper scotch taped to the window… We are closed for Easter so we can spend this time with our family or something like that! It's bad enough this joint closes on Sunday but now closed on holy Saturday by whatever the hell this day is called. I sat there with my backpack on my lap and my charger balanced on my foot pedals wondering what the next step would be. I figured I'd gotten along this far with semi-exposed wires I'm sure I can get through till Monday or grab one of the guys who lives here at the complex, there are a few besides me,  and see if I can talk them into twisting my charger back together if not that then put a call to my brother or guilt my son in the coming over and doing the deed. Either way I'm sure I can do this before I am electrocuted into the middle of next week.



No comments: