Thursday, March 01, 2018

Writers Guild Lunch

Mark and Jerry, homeboys flashing signs at the Village Inn


Today was another full day of activity and commitments. I like these kind of days make me feel like I'm still a useful part of the world I live in. It's the best part of this day was the Writers Guild lunch, you will remember the Writers Guild is that small federation of one professional writer well maybe to professional writers and one want to be the latter would be me. I've noticed that Writers Guild is becoming almost therapeutic for me in the regard of support in my writing fantasies.

Y'all might remember my friend Lori, is actually employed as a professional writing instructor the local community college. She knows what she's doing. My friend Jerry is a real writer with books and the column under his belt that is written for years with one of the local dominant newspapers here in Salt Lake. Both of these folks in put I totally value. Your member number years ago after a Writers Guild lunch break displayed some of my donkeys and art that Jerry actually purchased some of my work! This is really a shock in my artistic maybe feel the need to be working more on my artwork. I should have but I did not probably letting a golden opportunity slide through my fingers.

Today it was me again. We spent a little time on Lori what she was up to as we did with Jerry and some of his projects but it seemed in an inordinate of time's was spent with me and a writing project that I should pursue. Of course, me being the exhibitionist I am, enjoyed the adulation's and the stroking certainly put me into a “why not I can do that” thought process. Jerry went on and on, and Lori certainly supported Jerry's thought process. In short the thought was I should consider producing some young adult fiction about life in the 60s Idaho be a teenager with a disability in the less than supportive environment. I of course considered such writing but never really been coached on such a possibility of ideas on how to positively effect and ending I would enjoy. Actually, I have written a number of posts to the blog over the years which I think I might go back and examine and see what I might have. I then could add a few more posts about specific events in my post disability adolescence . I need to really commit to a project like this – – strike while the iron is hot. So why not give a shot? What I got to lose? I'll be sorry if I don't?and all the other clichés that go with such a commitment.

The next round of storms was supposed to come in today, the storm is supposedly a slow-moving storm. I have expected to be pushing through horizontal snow at the end of our lunch but the sun was out and oddly the day looked bright and promising as we broke up and headed are various ways. I had been fortified by two of my best friends into still thinking that somewhere deep inside I still might be a writer of some sort. Hopefully I will have something to show a report at our next lunch.

No comments: