Sunday, March 04, 2018

Corned Beef Anguish



When I moved out of the house and worry I came along with about six cans of corned beef. I love corned beef. I would be corned beef every day if I could but I know that I cannot. I know corned beef is one of the red meats as bad for me but I still love the flavor of corned beef and I am particularly fond of canned corned beef. I don't know why I think I might even like the flavor of canned corned beef over that of real corned beef. I believe I've written before about a meal/dish I make with frozen potatoes, garlic, onion, cheese if I have it. I'm sure in some form corned beef hash that I cooked up some where along the line. This dish is one of my favorites I like to make it on the weekends usually on Sunday. I like this dish particularly because it renders great leftovers. Little by little the usage corned beef. As I got near the end of my stash of cans of corned beef I've been considering purchasing more. When doing so I was astounded at the increase in price. Even more astounding I was shocked at the price of corned beef in the can on the Internet. It seemed like it was even more have to buy six cans at least at a shot. I don't know why the price so shocked me, it just did and I never purchased any of the cans. Been a number of weeks now but I've been without corned beef so a couple days ago when as in the market I picked up a couple of cans the product. As to my nature I went for the cheapest/least expensive product-find. I found for about a dollar less I could get it can of corned beef for about $2.99.) That brand was Western Family the market brand of the store. That's okay corned beef is corned beef on fingers that much difference. Of course I first had to get the corned beef down from where it was conveniently stacked out of my reach. I noticed after I got the cans picked up off the floor that the can was the old-style that one opened with a key. I shrugged my shoulders when I saw the key, truly an inconvenience but I've opened up these cans before and it's never been a problem. I grabbed two cans of the corned beef checked out

The snow fell during the night, not much here and Taylorsville, enough snow to let me know that winter was still with us a perfect reasonto make gabroc. I processed the garlic, I processed the onion and I processed the broccoli. I took the potato rounds from the freezer for that the frozen spuds in the frying pan with the onion broccoli and garlic. I put them on a low temperature then went to get to meat. I put the key in the the bottom of the canned corned beef and turned and I cannot get the seal to break so I figured I was turning the wrong way so I changed, I'm sure weakening the tab, I did this three or four times to finally the little nub of steel gave out and snapped off. I set the can aside and found my other can of corn beef and to my dismay the same thing happened! I have two cans of my favorite product cannot access.

I was not going to let not having can't be slowed me down. I remembered I still have half a pound of fried hamburger from tacos I made a couple weeks ago hiding behind something in the fridge. I found the burner and threw it in the mess. I added the cottage cheese and thought about throwing in a couple of eggs but in the end left the eggs out. And the morning mess was good. I have to cans of perfectly good corned beef that I have to figure out how to access. This can be done just going to take some time and I have that.

No comments: