Monday, June 25, 2018

A Bag Of Chips Nothing Fancy



Friday was the resident appreciation picnic here at the apartment complex. Last year I really wasn't sure what the event was all about. This year however I am little bit more in the know, I know the people better this year many have become my friends. I trust the management cannot make this a dorky event. I really wanted to participate space entry my part. Typically management will provide the meat product I. E. hamburgers and hotdogs and residents will bring an item of their choice as indicated by a sign up sheet.. My favorite go to item at a picnic is of course potato chips. I love potato chips! I love really good potato chips.

Saturday night, you will remember I went to the market in search of my prey: potato chips. I think it only fair that I should reward myself with a bag chips for me and then one for the resident picnic. I want to be sure to get the best possible. I go to brand here in the West is always been Clover Club. I think if you search Clover Club you'll see a number of references in this blog to my chip of choice. I did not see any Clover Club right off I did not spend all night at the market so I grabbed a Lays product, Wavy chips(Lays answer Clover Club's Crinkle chips to and I grabbed a bag of vinegar chips also a Lays product, a rare indulgence.

I didn't even head over to the market till after 9:30 PM, so it was late when I got home. I purchased some real beef baloney from another market earlier in the day and I was excited about an all baloney sandwich was a side of chips in this case vinegar chips and I'm hoping the vinegar would be very stout. I popped open the bag of chips and inhaled, there was a bit of a vinegar sour odor not as much as I would've liked but who's being judgmental? Then I hazard a taste. Then disappointment. Not only was the vinegar flavor missing but the chip itself was almost soggy! There was a bit of crunch and not what you would expect from a brand-new bag of chips. I popped in a couple more chips trying to make a fair judgment but the more than I the more I realized one reason or another these chips were almost foul. I checked the date on the bag which was well within time limits. I did not eat another chip. Enjoy my sandwich but not nearly as much as I had anticipated. The hour was late and my butt hurt I needed to get off my butt. I was going to return to chips but not that night.

Sunday morning was a good morning. I think okay breakfast but was anxious to get across the street in return by bag of chips. I trade there a lot, the Fresh Market. I roll into the market by the manager explained the situation she says just to trade the chips out, which I did. I decided to hedge my bet and I found a bag of Clover Club vinegar chips grabbed the bag and was gone. I got home and tested my purchase and at least the chips were crisp but the flavor was almost absent. I couldn't believe it but that was okay. The are righteous enough for a bologna sandwich.

The Wavy Chips are okay crisp and salty,, acceptable. I wish I had purchased two bags of the same chip. I will stick with what I know , next time a good thick, salty chip that's all… Nothing fancy.


No comments: