Monday, June 04, 2018

A Legal Running Vehicle




I am doing exactly what I said I wasn't going to do! I said I wasn't going to put any money into the van just to bring it up to speed for the family reunion. I don't know what I was thinking. I don't know why make such a statement knowing full well that deep down I could not make that statement fly.

The van had set in its place all winter long, for a full year. The battery drained itself which is no surprise especially since I never take it out (the van). I don't have a license to drive therefore I only use the van when I have someone else to chauffeur pretty much is my son Mark Anthony and used to be this guy named Jimmy is used to lift at this apartment complex. So with the advent of the family reunion and if I was going to participate In any of the ancillary events besides the day in the park of the actual reunion on Saturday I was going to have To have some form of transportation More dependable in public transit or taxi cabs. I actually probably could've done it that way but I got the impression the fam wanted me to the van operational.

I had my cousin, who has a shop pick up my vehicle with his towing people. Unbelievable I guess it makes sense that he would have access to those kind of resources. This was last week. The van is okay except for the battery which will no longer hold a charge which makes sense. Scott, my cousin, did the other tests on the vehicle and it passed emissions which was the only thing I was worried about it seems to be working great. The van was done yesterday but there is no way I can put together a pickup party to get the van back here. I was hoping that Scott did get the vehicle registered which could of happened, not waited so long. Now it seems I have to do it myself which means I have to go directly to the DMV with the paperwork in hand and get the vehicle taking care. This all takes time (you got to realize this is my thought process going on here) and I was going to get to it this week before Friday which is the day that the family start showing up. Today, was kind of busy. Early on I went to the bank which is down south a couple miles and deposited my rent rebate check and it just so happens there is a Target across the street. I went to target and bought two shirts – two T-shirts. I have not tried them on And I'm scared that the search will not fit they are 2X AND I'm the shirts will fit.I prepared though I have the receipt and the ambition that if the shirts do not fit taking them back that is a story for another block. Then following check depositing and shirt purchase I met my friend Lori for coffee. What I'm saying is that I got home and kind of kicked back watching some tube when I get a knock on the door with my cousin with keys in hand is just driven the van over to deliver to me. Amazing.

I knew he replaced the battery. I nearly got the vehicle functional. He said he was not going to charge for the battery. I figured I would start something so I said asked Scott jokingly, how much would be the charge and without skipping a beat he replied 100 bucks?! I caught myself not looking to shocked and figured okay I guess this is the way it's going to be an it's true this is what I asked “but it does been running and get it registered” . I now have the paperwork and next on my agenda then this to get it registered which I am sure well cost at least $75 s. Next got finished with the insurance people. I know this is going to be at least 100 bucks if not more. So I'm going to be in this at least 300 bucks I am sure if I'm in for a dollar. I have got to absorb it and move on and enjoy having a legal running vehicle. I think next on my agenda is how do I sell legal running vehicle?


No comments: