Saturday, June 02, 2018

Really, Monolith?



I don't know why but when I started setting up this picture for today's post all I can think of was what if Stanley Kubrick had used a box of saltine crackers for the monolith instead of the image they did use for the monolith which was a monolith? I don't know why that struck me funny but it sure did. Actually what I'm trying to show is top battered and beaten up this boxes saltine crackers is. Once again the destroyer has worked his magic. Tonight it was a trip to the market. I really did not have to go, I really have enough in the house to get me through until Monday but I didn't have any fresh fruit and that was enough to motivate me to suit up and head across the street for my Saturday night out shopping. I think had day/evening been warmer I would've gone out later. But I just want to get the job done.

I'm sure I've mentioned my best socialization exercise is going out to the market. I'm able to cross the street go down to the market – – engage with other humans, communicate find food sources I'm looking for, stand in line make small conversation and then pay for whatever products I purchase. I know this sounds easy and rudimentary to all you readers out there but I'm sure these exercises are part of a socialization scales/inventory somewhere. In all these things tonight without issue these people I thought I knew what I was doing and I did.

I got my renters rebate check today! This renters rebate is this weird phenomenon that I am eligible for this apartment complex. Because I'm under a specific program every year I have to submit all the bills I pay and with that the government thinks they will charge me for my rent and the actually send a rebate! I don't think that I got one last year because I was only at the apartments for such a short time. However this year I did get the rebate. I have to admit I was amazed. The only reason I bring this up is that the extra shot in the arm that the renters rebate provides allows me the gift of purchasing high-end crackers guilt free. When I finished my mini shopping fest I had the check out chick load me up. I was really only going to purchase fruit but with the renters rebate a little crazy. I have $26 worth of groceries the cart home that basically hung everything off my arm and my chair right behind the control box.I'm sure everyone who sees me writing home from the market with grocery bags hanging off my chair thinks I'm a homeless person looking for a viaduct.

I got home without incident even through the gate where sometimes I get caught up on with my bags. I got all the way to my front door and then somehow been trying to open the door and go through the door at the same time I got my self wedged between the door in the wall with all of my groceries and between the chair and the wall all pulling on my joystick, forcing my chair further into the wall I was stuck and more than anything else my box of crackers is taking all the heat/pressure. The chair couldn't move on account of it being wedged into the wall. I quickly turned the chair off so that my motors not overheat. I basically had to take everything off my chair and try to free my control box from the wedging. I did this in the box of crackers was the last bag I salvaged but the crackers took a hit. I have not dared to open the box yet to see what the damages are. I'll just have to hold the pulverized stack of crackers aside for chili sometime soon. Everything else survived, the bananas, Chinese noodles, broccoli you know the usual suspects. I'm thankful the bananas didn't get battered that would have broke my heart. I'm glad I got shopping done today and not tomorrow the Sabbath and before the return of the heat.

No comments: