Friday, June 01, 2018

Beach Burn Out



It's funny how one event can influence my whole day. I think we pulled the tape off my butt too soon . We being Dana my caregiver.I had asked Dana to give my rear end a good cleaning and bleach burnout so that I would be as comfortable as possible over the next two days. I get paranoid, a little, on Fridays because I don't engage with my caretaker again until the following Monday that's too long days. I want my butt to be as clean as possible. Dana pulled the tape which she applied on Wednesday. The scab came off when She removed the tape to scrub the wound. Needless to say, the wound has been sensitive all-day causing a little bit of discomfort. I'm hoping that overnight the wound will heal enough to cease some of the pain. I can tell I'm going to have to be careful regarding the pressure I put on my butt all weekend long.

Fortunately, I have nothing scheduled for the day. My primary goal is to see how far I can get my van to be legal. The van is currently at my cousins and he essentially passed by vehicle emissions and actually provided me with a battery that was functional since my battery lost its ability to hold its charge over the long year and sat in the back parking area. The temperature today is cool and there's a lot of wind as a cold front pushes through. I work on my breakfast and then begin tidying up a little in the kitchen. I really try to be careful of things but that old “destroyer” begins to raise its ugly head. I never have had a good sense of just how much the back of my chair extends. However, it is been a while since I really destroyed anything of any significance. Well, today that came to an end. I don't know what I was doing whether it was getting something out of the refrigerator or the microwave or perhaps getting some more coffee but anyway with my back to the table the back of my chair knocked up against something and I heard a crash to the floor than gurgling. I knew and instant but I had engaged and was sickened. I remembered I had sent the new bottle of bleach I purchased earlier in the week on the kitchen table. I going to move bleach to the cabinets by the sink. The bleach was in a plastic bottle. I don't know how but bleached out was escaping the bottle. I knew this was going to be a mess immediately. I tried not to panic but get my power chair over to the bottle as quick as possible to get it up right and try to save as much bleach is possible.

The kitchen suddenly smelled like the old milking barn of my youth. I looked at the bottom line on the floor looking for a break and could find. Somehow the weight of the falling bottle burst the cap off the bottle In the caustic fluid escaped. My eyes begin to burn and I felt irritation on my throat. I wanted to do so soldiers in World War I felt when the toxic gas bombs exploded. I opened her door to the patio and went into the bedroom pushed my window open to get some kind of cross event.

It took me forever them up the toxic waste on my kitchen floor. I have a couple of rags I made from an old towel and destroyed in my chair. Soaking the towels in bleach then draining them into a bucket and doing the process again. I finally got the bleach off the floor at least the floor dried. The odor has been significant all day. I don't know if you need to wash the floor more to eliminate more of the odor. I'm going to let the floor go overnight and see the smell is diminished at all. It the smell has not abated I will dig out the mop and begin washing the floor with water to cut the bleach.

I like the smell of bleach in small quantities but today I was just overwhelmed.

No comments: