Tuesday, June 05, 2018

DMV





I do not think there is a better equalizer then the Department of Motor Vehicles(DMV). Everyone who has anything to do with motor vehicles must pass through the DMV. In my quest to bring my vehicle up to legal status today was the day for me. I had to do my time the DMV.

I was up for the challenge with you not around 5 o'clock and forced myself to stay in bed until six. I jumped in my chair and got ready heated up the last of the garbroc had thrown together towards the end of last week. It was great with an egg on top. I double checked to make sure I had the documentation my cousin gave me last night Indicating the positive results from the emissions evaluation. I had a vague idea of where the DMV I need to go to was that. I found out the hard way that different DMV's do different things. Someone to make double sure that DMV I was going to would be able to process the paperwork into a viable sticker for the license plate. I jumped the 200 inbound getting off in Murray power in my chair over to my cousin's place the Mechanic Man. Dropped 125 bucks there (reread yesterdays post about not wanting to spend any money on this project) picked up the paperwork got back on 200 and headed north on State Street getting off at the 2900 block.

I crossed State Street which is always a challenge even in the best of times. DMV is located at 2880 S. 300 W. in an industrial section of the city. Surprisingly, there are very little sidewalks in that area not that I wouldn't use them but you would think a place everyone has to go to would be more access friendly. I finally found the place and as always DMV is busy. Again, I always taken aback at the mixture of citizens at the DMV. Rich driver and poor drivers alike must co-mingle. It's totally weird there is a constant voice calling numbers, And when a number is called the lucky holder of that ticket must go to where the numbers flashing over a counter posted by a state employee who is available to assist the number of older. You take a number when you come in my number was 856 and I could see I was in for a wait. I figure this is okay so is everybody else. I can't believe how good it felt to be like everybody else. I pulled out my cell phone and decided I would check things out on Facebook and a few other items I needed to check. It was a little after 9 AM and already the state employees at that thousand yard stare in their eyes. It was going to be a long day and they were just beginning. I was suddenly jolted out of my reverie when a state employee came over and had to be another ticket with a much lower number and she said here take this ticket you will not have to wait as long. Within two minutes my numbers flashing and I was sitting in front of a “disabled friendly” counter. State employee smiled at me and I could tell it was hard for her to do that, as I handed her my paperwork. The cost: $72.50. So, I'm into this whole project.200 bucks. I think I was there just 20 minutes from start to finish. This was a good DMV visit.

The temperature was the 90s day, hot and dry. I enjoyed my time out. On the way home I stopped at DI, couple things and I stopped at the dollar store. I really have to spend time there. I dropped off my treasures at the house left a message at the insurance and considering from Van and took off for the movies. Anytime when does the DMV they deserve a treat. For me to treat was Solo, A Star Wars Story. The critics are right the movie wasn't superduper but the movie was pretty good I enjoyed it. I'm kind of looking forward to having the vehicle usable. I don't know why I just am.




No comments: