Friday, June 08, 2018

The Gathering





It seemed to me the only thing I had to do today was purchase insurance For my vehicle that I've worked so hard this last month and bring up to legal status.I had to do this, get a vehicle insured before 6 o'clock when the family gathering was to settle down for dinner at the Golden Corral, an all you can be joint the family seems to tolerate pretty well. My sister was flying in from Boise and we had worked out a deal where we are going to meet up for brunch around 10 o'clock or whatever she got and then got her vehicle rented. I wanted to have this done out of my hair by the time my sister called. We are going to have lunch at the restaurant just up the street from my apartment complex, place called Dees.
Every time I called the insurance agency American Family I got immediately cycled to their answering machine. I started around 8 o'clock and by 930 I've still not gotten through. I was hoping this office was not one of those in putting ten-hour days was closed on Fridays.

My sister and I went to brunch and had a great conversation. We had breakfast at several cups of coffee and I sent her on her way to my brother's place and I went back to work on ensuring my vehicle. I finally got through to the office over the lunch hour working with Denise. Since they were not going to be the shop that ensured me sending me to a general pool called “The General ”. I had to supply the general as well as my insurance group locally that I had title for the van so I had to send a picture of the title which I did. The process was a bit intimidating I have to admit but I got through, I had to develop a “my policy online domain whatever” and got insurance cards printed. I'm legal start to finish. I'm ready.

My brother Paul, stop by at 6 o'clock and we got in my van and off to G C (Golden Corral). I'm never ready for this place. I'm always amazed at the amount seniors who come here and now I am one of them. Everybody scatters to the areas they like best. I gravitate towards the steak grill. I just wanted one piece of steak but I wanted the server to cut up my steak into either finger strips or bite-size pieces. The guy was great but didn't understand very much English. They kept piling steak on top of steakUntil I stopped him telling him I just need one state cut up which he did left the other steaks on my plate. I shrugged my shoulders and said “ why not?”I got two small spoons of mashed potatoes and some great brown gravy and when piece of broccoli on top of the pile and called a dinner. This was the most protein I have had In a great while. Really not too bad. I had some fairly decent berry pie and that was that. I cannot imagine the amount of food Golden Corral.

Following dinner my brother drives the over to my brother's home in Murray. It is really cute my brother built up has from the driveway where my van is parked in the back patio but we all sat and visited for an hour or so before we broke up for the night. We are online for tomorrow started around 11 o'clock at the park across the street from my apartment complex for the main event. Assignments are made was going to purchase what for the meal and munching for the afternoon following the lunch. We fly off the cuff now not a whole lot of planning going on. We stop at Walmart or Cosco and get the whole meal fried chicken, roles, watermelon, potato salad and something to drink and that's going to be it, after all it's not about the food to about conversation and taking every chance we can to know each other a little bit better before time runs out on all of us.



No comments: