Wednesday, June 06, 2018

Does In Really Matter?


Blog 060618 – – Wednesday

I'm sorry that I seem to be making the saga out of the licensing and ensuring of my vehicle but this adventure has been taking most of my time or at least my focus the last couple days. Today I decided I would get some quotes for the insurance. Typically, I just usually take the first quote or offer I am given and go with that and many times felt I pretty much screwed myself.

I know I have seen at least one insurance office en route road particularly as I've gone to bookclub. So I decided I would do a computer search for insurance agencies on Redwood Road and sure enough I found one a couple of blocks south of my apartment complex. So I figure why not drop in and see what they can do. I still had the paperwork the DMV in my shoulder pack so I had the vin number that seems everybody wants. I was kind of surprised at how far the office was from me. The place was a nice little Allstate insurance office. A small operation with two people working the front end. Benny was on the phone as was the girl in the back. I waited and finally Benny is free and we visited. He's a nice guy, young Hispanic but very good in English. I was really hoping these folks could give me an quote that would be doable. I have to give the little guy credit. Benny really tried but the couldn't get past my brothers drivers license number From Idaho. I of course cannot remember my brothers birthday which had to be part of the information package Benny needed to give me a quote. I told him I would go back home fun my brothers birthday and call him back. I cannot believe I could remember Paul's birthday. I just had a brain cramp.

It was a hot day, today with temperatures in the 90s. I waited for the bus to take me to the apartment. While I was waiting for the bus to my mind chewing on my problem I thought to myself why not contact my old insurance carrier and get a quote from them since they seem not to have a problem with who drove the van and who is insured by the van. If nothing else contacting American family insurance would give me my third quote made me feel like I have down a real grown-up job.

By the time I got To the apartment, the second quote came in. Kandi from the insurance group (very creative name) their quote was less than originally “Spitballed” but still high. I wrote the numbers down and thanked her for her work and did the “I'll get back to you” copout. I made the call to American Family and got a hold of good old Denise. Denise of course remembered who I was and jumped right on the request. I held on the line because she says she could do it no problem just wait, I waited. She came in with numbers that were much higher than what I was paying the agency before I close my account last year. She said something about I would have to do six months with the General then maybe they can offer a better deal. I'm going to take their offer because it's cheaper than the other folks… Benny was never able to comply with a request. He really tried hard but I don't think he and skill set needed.

Kandi understood what I needed. I needed coverage just for the day of the weekend. She said so as much that when I was done using their insurance just call and cancel and she would mail me back a check. I thought that was really interesting she knew I was using her/them. I kind of like that but it wasn't right and it was messy.

So add another $140 to the cost of the reunion in my need for transportation. So it looks like around 340 bucks. I'm pretty sure I can absorb this one way or the other. And who knows maybe this is the best way to spend down slow and over time. At least I'll have a licensed band for the next year with our without insurance… Does it matter? Does it really matter…?

No comments: