Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Lunch With Dennis


Image may contain: 1 person, closeup


I was pleased today, the heat is finally coming back to the area following that cold low-pressure front which wandered through the region following the reunion. I was also kind of excited because my friend Dennis from my old ward and I had a lunch appointment this afternoon. The vigilant reader will remember couple years ago that I had another meal with Dennis, the first ever. Dennis is a friend from my youth actually he was quite a bit older that I, in fact I was a close friend was his younger brother, Kim. Again, the vigilant reader will remember that I was quite deflated following the lunch when Dennis sort of offered me a business proposition. I wrongly read is desire to get together solely as an opportunity to make a sale. I was wrong and I was also surprised that Dennis actually read the blog posting which was less than flattering, and he called me on it. Amazing. I'm glad he did.

It's great about Dennis is that he's old enough to give me a total different perspective of how I grew up and how I saw things versus how things really were in many situations. He knows things about my family and many the people I grew up with that I had no idea. Dennis is an operator. Dennis is an honest and benevolent Trump. Dennis has that personality of taking a problem in wrestle that problem down Until the problem shouts “uncle”. That is how he has always had to live his life. Like me Dennis came from a huge family with limited funds. Dennis's life has been a struggle But is finally getting on top of it and is nearly debt-free… Something to be admired.

We talked a long time – – we went to a buffet, the Chinese buffet. I really don't like buffets or actually I really do like buffets but there is just way too much food. But I like the food today I shouldn't of eaten is much as I did. I'm sure I set my weight loss challenge back considerably. The conversation was excellent however. I have to be careful my friend Dennis works for himself in sales and in sales everything counts especially time. It took a couple calls while we ate and visited I hope the sales turn for him. Dennis deserves that. He works very hard. I want to stay in contact with Dennis I don't know how often we can get together like this but if nothing else we can stay connected through social media. Dennis is become quite a social media aficionado. He is scrapper the always has been. He was one of my idols growing up. He wrestled for Boise high school and he did very well. I look forward to wrestling myself at Boise I when the time came but life is the great trickster and the only mats I saw after July 1966 was rehabilitation mats. I didn't even get to go to Boise high school which is been one of my dreams growing up – – I was forced to go to the crosstown rival Borah but that is a blog for another day.

No comments: