Monday, June 18, 2018

Resistance Is Futile



One of my great frustrations is having something, something that I really need and not being able to find the item. This happens to me more than I would like to admit. Today I've spent a good portion of my time trying to get my hands on one of my SD cards. I have three or four SD cards that I have collected over the years from my cell phones and tablets. I know that I have them, I had them when I left the house in Murray. I haven't needed them really until the last few weeks when I started trying to install applications on my tablet (which I purchased when I lost or had my tablet stolen last year. The tablet is a small version of what I was used to and I didn't pay attention to the fact that it had a relatively small internal memory. Anyway a couple weeks ago when I tried to install the application the tablet would not let me. The tablet informed me that in order for me to install another app I would have to delete another application already on my system. I did not have that many applications of the tablet. Then I remembered if I had an SD drive and more specifically a microSD drive I could actually store applications on the microSD and even run the applications from there allowing me a lot more freedom to install applications on my tablet. I do not seem to have this issue with my cell phone however having a microSD on my cell phone certainly cannot hurt.

And methodically went through the top three drawers of my little cabinet. This daylong project started out as a way to kill some time until meeting my writing friends at the village in for an early lunch. When I returned from lunch request for the microSD drives continued with a vengeance.

The exercise was not totally futile. I found one of my favorite pens, scotch tape and shipping tape (the shipping tape I could have really used last week when I had to return a box of catheters). Three books I found which I thought for sure I had lost – – I tend to lend things out and then forget who I lent them to. One of the books was a volume by Lawrence Ferlinghetti who I really wanted for a project that I involved with. So those in this regards my day was a success. However, there was collateral damage, with me there is always collateral damage. As I methodically sifted like an archaeologist through each drawer I just seem to breed chaos with everything that I touched. I have since little surface worked with but I had to pull things off the desktop that I hadn't stopped them into various shelf space above my work area. Of course items seem to just leap off the shelf but I would stick the items. I console myself by saying this mess is just situational this will pass but I find what I'm looking for. And it well even if I don't find the media I'm searching for. In fact, I'm already making plans to go to Walmart to see what it is the card might cost. I briefly looked on the Internet which is a smart way to go or at least the least expensive if I had the patience. A trip to Walmart with you great excuse to get out of the apartment. I might even go tomorrow.

It seems like I fight chaos constantly and lose. I would like to think I could keep a semblance of order in my living space but maybe I just have to realize… Resistance is futile.

No comments: