Wednesday, June 20, 2018

See Me!



One of the ways management communicates with us residents at the apartment complex is by posting small bills on the side of your door. I find these messages a bit disconcerting. It's not quite as bad as the “see me” message I would get on the bottom of the test paper but never as nuclear as a court summons left on the door by a Sheriff making a little extra money. And yes, I have experienced both.

It's that time of year the complex is changing the filters out expecting a lot of use of the air-conditioning system as the summer begins to heat up. Supposedly heat up but each time we get a couple days of temperatures in the 90s we get thrown back into lower temperatures in the 70s. Actually quite confusing for an old fart like me list for the heat of the sun. I was going to try the out of my unit when the guys came by to put the new filters in. In fact I was out of my apartment down at the front of the building checking my mail them to in the installers came up to me as they were headed out to lunch to let me know that they would be back later and would stop in all I was there. They had been by earlier than I had not been around or had not answered the door and they want to make sure I'll be home.

I have a closet furnace which doubles as a air-conditioner during the summer. The system losing a closet in the corner of my living room and is really quite hard to get to because I have my computer set up in my little desk in that corner. It's kind of embarrassed last year when they came by had a finagled the wires in the bookcase but they did it no problem and it it just as good a job this year. I don't know I did not see them. If I can arrange my time I like to pump my arm bike for about an hour between 1 o'clock and 2 o'clock in the afternoon. I listen to Terry Gross in Fresh Air. I like Fresh Air, Ms. Gross does a great job on her interviews at least everyone else thinks she does a great job – – I think she's okay with taking me a long time to get used to her but I like her show even if her method of interviewing is sometimes quite awkward. I should not criticize she has a job and a show and is getting paid for it and I I do not and am not. And of course as I was pumping my bike I hear a knock on the door. I have allowed for the knockers “come in” and sure enough they do. They can see that I'm strapped to my bike pumping would tell me not to do anything but work out they'll get to work and they did. Less than five minutes they were gone and I didn't lose any arm time.

I have to admit I'm impressed with the apartment management. The actually change the filters twice year went to the fall before the heavy use of the furnace overwinter and in the spring with the heavy use of the air-conditioning system over summer. I wonder if they've noticed that I don't even have my system turned on. I leave it off all summer that I can. Sometimes, I will have visitors and I will actually crank up the system bring the temperature of the apartment down while they're here. I also do this for my cleaning woman I work hard to keep her happy because she does a great job.

The weather guy tonight promised it would be in the 90s tomorrow which excites me. I'll be out of the tarmac in the afternoon in the heat of the day. I look forward to the evening when the days heat will linger as I listen to the night outside my window.

No comments: