Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Already Wednesday?!



I think I would much rather stayed home today and sat in the sun and read the book I'm currently “sawing” through. It's a huge volume by my standards. Maybe close to 900 pages, but I'm working through it day by day, night by night and enjoying the read as I go along. Today would've been perfect for a epic read, but no, I decided I would go in and visit with Deborah my old boss and maybe go to a DRAC meeting. I'd forgotten it was the last Wednesday of the month. Dick for DRAC called yesterday and left a message on my phone. I knew what it was about. I was almost resigned to the fact that I was not going to go. However, since I had promised Deborah that I would visit with her some afternoon regarding the phenomenon of my finding my bio – family, I figured why not do it today?

I only outlining the premise the back story because I wanted to reinforce the issue which is much as I like to think I'm a technical guy, Mr. computer head, Internet guru. I am really just an Internet idiot. Another old guy who likes to think they're cutting-edge but whose cutting-edge has gotten dull, very dull. I had brought my 10.1 tablet so that I could show Deb images of the new family. I know Deb loves images/pictures. Of course, when we finally settled down in the afternoon sun. I can't access the Internet the way I need to. I don't really have many images of the family, but different members of the family who have Facebook accounts have posted a host of images. I was hoping to tie into one of those Facebook accounts to show Deb just how many of us there are. As I said I couldn't get any images up even with Kim, there who is a major computer had and knows how to do this kind of stuff par excellence. We got a few images up. However, enough to stoke the conversation and keep it going. In the course of the visit, I found that tomorrow is the annual Halloween party and maybe I can back up some images that show Deb, then.

I don't know why I just can't stop going to the DRAC meetings. I clearly don't enjoy the meetings and I feel guilty eating their food, but not really offering a great deal. I soothe myself by saying this group wants as many people at their functions as possible. I was late getting out of the independent living center. So I came on to the DRAC meeting after it had gotten quite a bit into its agenda, which was okay by me. I ate a big bowl of potato chips and a piece of chocolate cake with a little bit of frosting. I was not glared at and no one asked me to participate. So I sat there like a bump on a log and waited for the meeting to run its course. I give them credit because they continue to meet and they really do continue to want to change things. Today, some attorney Guy who is affiliated with DRAC was rambling on about things, if he is an attorney, I question how good of attorney he is. Truly, someone who likes to hear themselves talk. He's doing this pro bono I guess. I'm sure he's going to charge DRAC and they're going to pay. Like I said, I continue to show up. I don't quite know why, except I do like to encourage the underdog, even if that underdog does not know how far it's under.

So, I didn't get any time to read during this day. Hopefully I'll go to bed early tonight and munch some chapters then. But, I must say it was a good day. I touched a couple bases. I felt somewhat accomplished and got to ride the system.

No comments: