Thursday, October 04, 2018

Fresh Cukes, Tomatoes and Egg Plants Life is Good for him and




I've been kind of tired all day which is not surprising since I got up fairly early this morning. Once again I started waking up around 3:30 AM and finally drag out around 6:30 AM. I didn't sleep well because my cleaning person was coming today. I think I was kind of freaked out because my cleaning person now is the same person who is by home health person. I don't know why this is such a big deal to me but it kind of is to the point where I'm losing sleep over the concept. I think I'm worried that she will not do a good job and I'll have to be all managerial. Even if that were the case (which I think it will not be) I would manage and that would be it.

Get this. When I finally did get up I actually started cleaning up the apartment so my thinking person would not have to do as much. I should have checked as soon as I got up I had a feeling. I checked messages when I turned on NPR soon after I did get up and found a message from my home health person that she is not going to be able to clean today. The message was sent about 5 AM. It seems I heard something at that point but did not put together the idea that it was a message (modern technology is lost on me). I was relieved and kind of crestfallen at the same time. I really kind of wanted my apartment to look nice.

Around lunchtime to hear a knock on my door and it's one of my best ex-work friends, Amy. Amy's great and Amy is quite the gardener. I know this from years past. I've been on Amy's case for the past three weeks to get some of her incredible tomatoes. Well anything through today with a bag of not only tomatoes but cucumbers, paddy squashes, eggplants!, And a few other items I cannot remember right now. Have to admit I was a bit embarrassed at how I felt the apartment looked but Amy indicated the apartment looks pretty good. I forced myself to believe Amy and got me thinking I'm going to work on the apartment myself and get the apartment passable, at least by my standards, and then if I get the benefits of a cleaning person that is good if not I'll continue to limp around and ask Mark Anthony to help me pick up the place a little but it really becomes necessary.

I worked on the apartment all afternoon well part of the afternoon, I worked out as usual and then jumped the bus and went down to the library for Next Chapter. I wanted more than kitchen and I had add the time. I'm kind of excited because I'll have this great project to do all weekend long working on my living space. This should be an ideal weekend for such a project. Supposed to rain with a cold front moving in tomorrow. I don't have any reason to leave the apartments this weekend. I'm looking forward to cleaning, reading and maybe a little bit of writing... How lucky am I?.



No comments: